Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Couple Cleared Of Child Sex Charges

  1. #1
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,577
    RALEIGH, N.C. -- Parents who were charged with child abuse last August have been exonerated and reunited with their children.

    Charbel Hamaty was charged with sexually assaulting his newborn son, and Teresa Hamaty was arrested for taking sexually explicit pictures.

    The couple describe the ordeal as a "nightmare" that started over a roll of film that Charbel Hamaty dropped off at a north Raleigh Eckerd.

    The photo that raised alarms shows a naked Kristoff, now 16-months-old, getting a kiss from his father on the belly button, Teresa Hamaty said.

    When the photos were shown to the police, the couple was arrested, and Kristoff was put in protective custody, while his half-sister, Victoria, was handed over to her birth father.

    Teresa Hamaty was released on bond, but wasn't allowed contact with her children for months.

    Charbel Hamaty spent six months in prison before the charges were dropped because of a report submitted by an expert saying there was no criminal intent in the photos.

    The couple said they are happy to be reunited with their children and to leave their legal troubles behind them.
    Source

    Has the world gone mad or what?!
    How on earth can you even consider this to be child abuse?

    Thank God these parents didn't get sued over this.
    Because if I was to be a father and lived in the U.S,I'd deffinitly move to Europe.

    So he kissed his baby on the belly,while it was out of his diapers
    Next thing you know you can get sued because you hug your child or kiss it on the mouth
    That's what parrents do you know,and there's nothing wrong with it.

    Oh,and the person that reported this couple has some major issues and needs to get professional help asap.
    Last edited by Filliz; 08-01-2005 at 06:43 PM.

    hmm...asspie

  2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    1,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Filliz
    Because if I was to be a father and lived in the U.S,I'd deffinitly move to Europe.
    So you would allow yourself to be run out of the country by a few kooks.....

  3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Newcasil
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,076
    I would think there must be more than "a few" kooks, if he was in jail for 6 month for that..

    You get what you vote for though

    An It Harm None, Do What You Will

  4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    1,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    I would think there must be more than "a few" kooks, if he was in jail for 6 month for that..

    You get what you vote for though
    Last time I checked, North Carolina law enforcement was not on my ballet.

    And before you say it, Bush had nothing to with their policies, North Carolina law enforcement has been around quite a bit longer than Bush.
    Last edited by HeavyMetalParkingLot; 08-01-2005 at 07:15 PM.

  5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Newcasil
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,076
    I thought you lot elected your DA's?

    If so, then the people of North Carolina voted for these kooks... no?

    An It Harm None, Do What You Will

  6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    1,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    I thought you lot elected your DA's?

    If so, then the people of North Carolina voted for these kooks... no?
    No one elected the people to turn the man into the police, no.

  7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Newcasil
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,076
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    I would think there must be more than "a few" kooks, if he was in jail for 6 month for that..

    You get what you vote for though
    Last time I checked, North Carolina law enforcement was not on my ballet.

    And before you say it, Bush had nothing to with their policies, North Carolina law enforcement has been around quite a bit longer than Bush.
    I never even thought of blaming Bush for this one

    ....however i will admit now you mention it, its something of the sort that wouldnt surprise me from him

    An It Harm None, Do What You Will

  8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot
    Quote Originally Posted by Filliz
    Because if I was to be a father and lived in the U.S,I'd deffinitly move to Europe.
    So you would allow yourself to be run out of the country by a few kooks.....
    I think you get my point.
    And I was saying that I would IF these people really got sued over this.
    Beause that would mean you could get sued for other things like this.
    Taking pictures of your baby kids when they're having a bath or something like that.

    And I just can't believe they had this case runnig for 6 months before they finally decided it's just harmless affection for a child.

    You really need a judge and that much time to see this?

    The mere fact that this person saw anything offensive in this picture really baffles me too.

    hmm...asspie

  9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Newcasil
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,076
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    I thought you lot elected your DA's?

    If so, then the people of North Carolina voted for these kooks... no?
    No one elected the people to turn the man into the police, no.
    I'm sure, even in North Carolina, they cannot Jail you for 6 months without charge or without refering it to someone for prosecution.

    If im wrong, then the US is a lot further along the road to a police state that i ever realised... and, also if true, you'd agree with that statement.

    An It Harm None, Do What You Will

  10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Newcasil
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Filliz
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot

    So you would allow yourself to be run out of the country by a few kooks.....
    I think you get my point.
    And I was saying that I would IF these people really got sued over this.
    Beause that would mean you could get sued for other things like this.
    Taking pictures of your baby kids when they're having a bath or something like that.

    And I just can't believe they had this case runnig for 6 months before they finally decided it's just harmless affection for a child.

    You really need a judge and that much time to see this?

    The mere fact that this person saw anything offensive in this picture really baffles me too.
    Which is what i was trying to say... I'm not always trying to disagree with you

    An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •