Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I hear through the grapevine...

GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    he was down to his pants. there was a wall in the way though. i doubt that makes much difference to him though

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    I have heard this too. Also they aren't allowed to look at muslim women they think may be not fully dressed (in the islamic way), not use sniffer dogs and not conduct raids before dawn as they may be praying.

That stuff was in 3RA1N1AC's links.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    BTW-

Can anyone prove this policy is not in force?
    google for any images of us military in afganistan or iraq - search for images of soldiers without shoes.
    good luck

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Have you looked on any left-wing sites?
    nuh uh. google news only turned up two significant sources: the daily mail and worldnetdaily. everything else i saw was merely linking to worldnetdaily. it didn't give me any left wing sources. or any objective sources, for that matter.

by "more impartial," i meant a source that has a little more to do with classic notebook-and-pencil, get-the-facts news journalism. rather than an editorial column in the daily mail (a right wing tabloid) or a glorified blog entry on worldnetdaily (a news-plagiarism site that's peddling a selection of books running the gamut from "the truth about hillary" to "liberalism is a mental disorder").

it took a coupla minutes of digging, but here's the paper that WND swiped their story from: http://www.lsnmedia.co.uk/luton/page...&storyID=34803
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 08-05-2005 at 12:54 AM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    whypikonme's Avatar Unemployable
    l see no problem with being sensitive to people's religious beliefs and customs, after all, they are innocent unless proven otherwise, and if something incriminating is found, the heavy mob can move in, by this time the women should all be dressed anyway.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Poster
    To me, the word 'raid' implies 'storming'. Would be hard for me to 'storm' while taking off my shoes.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I can't believe I'm hearing this...

Folks...it ain't a raid then!!!

Second off, in a police action there shouldn't be religion.

If a person suspected of breaking the law and a raid is to be carried out then treat everyone the same regardless of religion.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    whypikonme's Avatar Unemployable
    l think the US marines in Iraq could teach our police a thing or two about raiding Muslim homes. Forget religious customs, just turn up at the door, shout something they don't understand, kick the door down, rush in with guns pointing at them, then drag them all out and make them lay face down in the dirt. They need to learn respect for the way WE do things.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Where the hell do you go to get THAT?

Please don't tell me the N.Y.T. ...
    maybe "classic news journalism" is a bit too much to ask for. i reckon for all of its faults the NY Times or just about any traditional-format U.S. newspaper has a much better grip on accuracy, objective detachment, editorial oversight & professional ethics than blogs (or blog-like "independent news sites") and U.K. tabloids do.

back to my earlier point. Gepper was havin' a go at the apparent bias (i guess?) of WorldNetDaily, and it hadn't originally been my intention to comment at all on right-wing media. it's just that i had two links, and they were both links to quite explicitly right-wing sites. would i have preferred to link the Associated Press, Reuters, the BBC, or even the dreaded NY Times? definitely. are those left-wing sources? highly debatable. nevertheless, are they anywhere near as partisan as the Daily Mail or WorldNetDaily? no way.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 08-05-2005 at 04:17 AM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by whypikonme
    l think the US marines in Iraq could teach our police a thing or two about raiding Muslim homes. Forget religious customs, just turn up at the door, shout something they don't understand, kick the door down, rush in with guns pointing at them, then drag them all out and make them lay face down in the dirt. They need to learn respect for the way WE do things.
    to the british, "hearts and minds" is more than a meaningless cliche

or were you being sarcastic/rodding :justgotup:

ps. why is impartial critisised as left wing?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast