Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: newshosting.com, giganews.com..

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride
    Went ahead and signed up under "newshosting" from the link at the top of the page. Viva los filesharingtalk boards!
    Thanks for the support...

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus
    You can take every GB with you every month so if you do not download that much your better off with a monthly subscription.
    wtf are you smoking?

unless you buy the 10 for 10 plan, which is cheapest,
    then the unlimited for 14.95 is the best for price/plan
    unless 'unlimited' doesnt necessarily mean 'unlimited'...
    (but that can be cleared up by reading their TOS)
    ....then any other plan is just fkn rediculous

did you fail economics in school?

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by fkdup74
    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus
    You can take every GB with you every month so if you do not download that much your better off with a monthly subscription.
    wtf are you smoking?

unless you buy the 10 for 10 plan, which is cheapest,
    then the unlimited for 14.95 is the best for price/plan
    unless 'unlimited' doesnt necessarily mean 'unlimited'...
    (but that can be cleared up by reading their TOS)
    ....then any other plan is just fkn rediculous

did you fail economics in school?
    I can guarentee Unlimited really does mean Unlimited when you use Newhosting! I have been using Newhosting for nearly a year now, taking at least 300GB a month! Giganews however will cap your bandwidth if they feel you are abusing it... Which I don't understand, as it does say: unlimited...
    I was victim to this bandwidth cap of theirs once before, and when an email was sent inquiring, they locked my account and said they would refund the money, which has not happened. (9 months and counting).

So believe me when I tell you, Newshosting is superior to Giganews in all aspects.
    Last edited by Damnatory; 08-23-2005 at 06:56 AM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    brwise
    i have had giganews for 2 months (1mo. and a week or so) - dl'ed around 540gb my first month and had no problems... always maxed speeds and no emails or anything. going to switch to newshosting just cause of the price at the end of my current billing month tho, will be sure to use the banner here also

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    If you continue like that on GigaNews you will most likely be capped soon.
    Also thanks for using our refferal when you do...

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    been downloading 600 Gigs a month from Giganews for some time now, I also use newshosting & it's only really the retention that puts giganews as my main server. Maybe Giganews just shades it on reliability...hope this doesn't jinx my connection into being capped though....

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    I've used giganews and News Hosting and I have to say I like News Hosting better. They seemed to have a lot of problems a few months back but now they've got upgraded servers, therefore increasing retention and completion. Giganews was fantastic it was just $10.00 more for the same thing IMHO. News Hosting has not failed me in the past 4 months of use.

On a side note though, make sure you have the IP address allowed in PG2, that was the only thing keeping me from connecting properly.
    ...>Intentionally Left Blank<...

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    http://www.forteinc.com
    Forte Agent Premium Newsgroups
    Forte offers a newsgroup service.
    $10 monthly for 20GB,
    $15 for unlimited downloads

any one with user experience ?

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    untraceable2
    Quote Originally Posted by tqt7vu4q7k3lw0
    http://www.forteinc.com
    Forte Agent Premium Newsgroups
    Forte offers a newsgroup service.
    $10 monthly for 20GB,
    $15 for unlimited downloads

any one with user experience ?
    I've not used them myself but i just read there terms & conditions and it states the unlimited account is not quite unlimited
    From terms & conditions
    For our unlimited accounts, subscriber access is unlimited as long as there is no
    excessive account usage. Excessive account usage is when an individual
    subscriber's account usage is, in our opinion, substantially greater than the
    average usage of all subscriber accounts during any calendar month.
    so in other words about 20-50Gb's a month.
    I personnally think newshosting.com is better due to better retention and its the same price for a true unlimited account.

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    Limited accounts are never a really good idea. Even if you don't d/l that much (I'll hit my comcast "cap" before giganews'), you'll burn through them really quickly. Unless you can "ration" it, you'll bust the cap quickly
    I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds. - Vash

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast