Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Takedowns - Why Are They Still Happening Despite Scrambled File Names

shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by nQQ View Post
    "Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you"
    It depends if you are someone who wants to stay under the radar by not overly exposing yourself
    What you said contradicts each other

Paranoid or not, under the radar or not?? I prefer to keep my server off the internet, that is my whole point. To get pretty things and those extras that some of the streaming programs/services offer, you have to connect to there servers, saying they don't collect data?? Well why do you have to make accounts/sign in and why do you have to merry all of your steaming media boxes with them??

The internal streaming program i use now, doesn't make pretty Blu ray covers nor get movie or tv info, i make my own folders and do everything manually, so everything on my server drives never see the internet nor can be traced. I know and understand that those other streaming programs don't need to be connected to the internet to work, so what is the main point to them?? Do they have the proper programs/codecs etc.. built in to get you the best sound and picture?? or do they mux or convert a Movie or Show format according to there so called best performance??
    Would be the same as my internet provider... They know i am downloading things, and can track how much, but they don't know what

To end any debate and not saying anybody is right or wrong , i have to be happy what i use, for myself, and what i think is best for internally stream to the equipment in my household, that is why trying to compare to others peoples setup is difficult if you are not comparing to the same audio and visual equipment specs (not intending to be technical by any means to others).
    You could say different strokes for different folks, and if you are happy what you use great
    I am open and i am willing to try/test other things out and see if i can better the quality of streaming or make it more efficient without losing quality, but i will not change my principals or sacrifice putting my servers online/internet for the sake of pretty covers and a pretty home page....
    But i am tinkering always

On another note....
    There is a ton of 4k/Ultra HD stuff being posted out there and i don't see any posted here?? How can that be fixed
    You can go crazy and start downloading and streaming some 100gb rips!!(Perfect for Beck38) They are out there. Again even with the loss of some of the NZB and Usenet sites, i am not seeing too many if any take downs of Usenet post.....

2. Newsgroups   -   #52
    Poster
    if you can post 100gb stuff you can start a nzb site and earn bank, you would be stupid to do it for free.

3. Newsgroups   -   #53
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 2501 View Post
    if you can post 100gb stuff you can start a nzb site and earn bank, you would be stupid to do it for free.
    What?? Where do you think i am seeing the 4k stuff??
    You do know there is other NZB sites out there right
    And really!! I am not interested, but thanks for the suggestion.....

4. Newsgroups   -   #54
    nQQ's Avatar Poster
    Actually, I'd think the opposite in that you would be stupid to do it for anything other than free. If the aim is to make money, it always catches up with you - the sites taken down are often done because the appetite to maximise money by increasing size overly exposes them so that they get discovered and taken down.

5. Newsgroups   -   #55
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Actually, I'd think the opposite in that you would be stupid to do it for anything other than free. If the aim is to make money, it always catches up with you - the sites taken down are often done because the appetite to maximise money by increasing size overly exposes them so that they get discovered and taken down.
    There is no such thing as a free lunch NQQ
    There is a cost to do anything, but how you minimize the cost is a different story. All the real good NZB sites there is a small cost, but if you benefit from it? Great!! , and do they get taken down or decide to pack it in?? sure they do, but there is and always be some other one that pops up
    This place i wouldn't say is the greatest NZB site (No offense Cabby), but they do a great job, and you can still get the basic new stuff out there, and look how long it has been around. And some of the really good ones have methods to try to keep under the radar, but if the "Man" wants you, nothing can stop that...

I would never, and have no interest in opening a NZB or Torrent site, i am just a guy who benefits from others that do, and there are lots out there, some great, and some average, but there is lots to choose from, especially with a small donation or join a bunch, and max out the free limits...

Your choice
    Last edited by shaina; 12-04-2017 at 07:27 PM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #56
    Poster
    nzbmatrix and newzbin both made more money in a few years than you will in a lifetime and they got away with it too.

7. Newsgroups   -   #57
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    nzbmatrix and newzbin both made more money in a few years than you will in a lifetime and they got away with it too.
    You really think so??

So you think the owners retired and are now living on a private island living the life of kings

So why don't you open a fresh new site?? You seem to have the idea you get rich doing so??

I know most of the sites i joined were 20-$40us for a lifetime membership (20-25years) and a couple are $10 a year??
    To join here it is $100 for 20 years assume there is what, just over 5,000 members that pay
    Now pay the expenses out of that for 20-25 years??

And i hope you are not comparing my finances to someone who ran an NZB site, and i don't count other peoples money, i have a hard enough time counting mine

Edit: You know i didn't mean to sound disrespectful 2501 (seeing you have been here since 2012), but i think the only question i should have asked you is how old you are??
    Last edited by shaina; 12-05-2017 at 03:51 PM. Reason: added a comment

8. Newsgroups   -   #58
    nQQ's Avatar Poster
    Of course running a site costs money, for servers etc, but there is a whole world of difference between one that has small subscription or donation options that build a community and one where you are charging a lot and aiming to make money out of it. The point I was making is those that aim to grow big and make as much money as possible risk getting shut down more than one where subs and growth are lower with the aim to be a select club spread through word of mouth.

9. Newsgroups   -   #59
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Of course running a site costs money, for servers etc, but there is a whole world of difference between one that has small subscription or donation options that build a community and one where you are charging a lot and aiming to make money out of it. The point I was making is those that aim to grow big and make as much money as possible risk getting shut down more than one where subs and growth are lower with the aim to be a select club spread through word of mouth.
    I agree nQQ, most of the better indexing sites i have seen, usually cap so many members so there servers are not bogged down and when they hit the number they want they lock it up. If they don't do that and there members get pissed word gets out fast and they won't last long after that, plus they want to keep expenses down , and they do that like you said keep a small community and make all the members happy
    I see you joined here and i think it is great, not sure if this is your primary site for NZB's or not, but the crew and there efforts here to find the quality stuff and get the links out fast are pretty good....
    I hope the site works out for you nQQ, and nice to see you in the forums...

10. Newsgroups   -   #60
    The original Newsbin made big bucks (over a million) but ran into legal hassles. They tried to poor mouth it but court documents showed the kind of money they raked in.

The Matrix became the only game in town for the most part. They made millions. They shut down before any legal hassles. Smart move.

Thanks to open source programs like newznab anybody can set up a site. The competition is too fierce for anybody to do what the Matrix did.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast