Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: IdolEyes, please say something to me.

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Very happy to see you here again. Sounds like you have had a few adventures and a lot of miles since we got an update. You mentioned Washington, I assume the western side. Even so, you would have been within 300 miles from me.

Actually happy you found that comment. I thought about replying to you on FB as soon as I saw you had replied. Just felt like it would come across as a bit disingenuous saying, "Sorry, didn't see your response" for all those years.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Lounge   -   #82
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

Well, I still travel the world. I've been back and forth to Japan and the US since 2016, currently back in the states. It's rough trying to get a legal status that would permit me to stay in Japan semi-permanently until retirement. A brief return while waiting for a visa turned into a long return, and then even longer when 'rona came 'round, so there was a 2018-2022 block when I wasn't there. In that time, I abandoned teaching/writing/chemistry and became a mover, then I ran the Washington branches of the moving company I worked for and ended up making way too much money. I blew it all on bookers and hoes, and I don't know what all the fuss was about... I guess we only get the bias from event organizers and gardeners.
    I can't believe it's been that long. Seems like only yesterday . Anyway in your absence there have been a lot of changes. We lost one Black but gained a Jew so in terms of minorities you don't want to associate with it was kind of a wash.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Lounge   -   #83
    I know Meg has really missed you. To compensate he bought an inflatable doll and made it look like you and does "things" to it.

4. Lounge   -   #84
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I predate all of you.

I don't know if the fact depresses or elevates me...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #85
    I know Meg has really missed you. To compensate he bought an inflatable doll and made it look like you and does "things" to it.
    Well, everyone copes with loss in different ways... you bought a Macky voodoo doll and kept stabbing it on the basis it worked with Frank Sinatra.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. Lounge   -   #86

Macky's back in town. I'm assuming "moving company" was an euphemism.

7. Lounge   -   #87
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    I predate all of you.
    Your dental hygienist isn't even on this forum and she sill views you as a predator. Allegedly.

8. Lounge   -   #88
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Very happy to see you here again. Sounds like you have had a few adventures and a lot of miles since we got an update. You mentioned Washington, I assume the western side. Even so, you would have been within 300 miles from me.

Actually happy you found that comment. I thought about replying to you on FB as soon as I saw you had replied. Just felt like it would come across as a bit disingenuous saying, "Sorry, didn't see your response" for all those years.
    Well, I was all over the PNW because when I was doing moves, I would do long distance quite regularly, but most frequently just to neighboring states (Idaho and Oregon).

I still haven't gone onto FB to check, so I'm not sure which comment you meant.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

9. Lounge   -   #89
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    I predate all of you.
    Your dental hygienist isn't even on this forum and she sill views you as a predator. Allegedly.
    Historical odds are against me...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. Lounge   -   #90
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I can't believe it's been that long. Seems like only yesterday . Anyway in your absence there have been a lot of changes. We lost one Black but gained a Jew so in terms of minorities you don't want to associate with it was kind of a wash.
    Time lapses quickly for me too. I would think only months have gone by since X happened when it really was 1-3 years. Works for me because people keep telling me cigarettes will kill me and I'm still waiting.

Maybe I'll check in periodically, but I'm quickly remembering why I bailed (other than the data loss that erased my precious writings). This site still functions like shit on mobile and the browser is nothing special. It's making me feel like I need to go update the content on my original Angelfire website.

Your recap means... no new sagas? It's really settling into becoming a time capsule. FST needs a reboot. Reboots are all the rage these days.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast