Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why Is It That triangle Sandwiches.....?

TheDave's Avatar n00b
    OMG. cheap bread, didn't seem like prison matresses at first. now i feel sick, got belly-ache funny taste in mouth

2. Lounge   -   #12
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    triangular sandwiches are easier to handle without dropping anything, they might taste better because of the distribution of the sauce perhaps?
    Last edited by DarthInsinuate; 11-28-2004 at 01:13 AM.
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

3. Lounge   -   #13
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i think its cos the first bite gets straight to the ammount of filling intended. so yeah what darth said

4. Lounge   -   #14
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    This is an interesting topic

5. Lounge   -   #15
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    its so true though

6. Lounge   -   #16
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I had a conversation with my Mam about this the other day.

I'm not a big fan of sarnies and if I have to eat them prefer them to be cut up into 4 ickle squares 'cause it doesn't seem like you're eating as much.

This was particularly handy in school cause we weren't allowed out to play until we'd finished our packed lunch.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I forgot to mention, I can actually explain this myth. I must have gotten a bit trigger happy with the 'Post Quick Reply' button in the above post.

Triangular sandwiches are easier to stack in large quantities in long lines on dining trays, they have a solid crust base and when positioned on this it is possible to see the filling. Therefore it is invariably the sarnie shape of choice for parties and pub teams.

At these events there is usually alcohol involved, someone else has made them for us and the sarnies are free - therefore an illusion that triangular sarnies taste better than other shapes is formed, as we all enjoy and are less likely to bitch about free stuff.

I can claim no credit for this as it was my Mam's theory, I prefer square ones. She's definitely right tho
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

8. Lounge   -   #18
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    I cut them in two, I couldn't eat four.
    That's madness, rectangles taste much worse than squares.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Well your Mam's theory is bunkum.

I have fully explained the phenomenon, in a scientifically accurate matter.
    That's just :sourgrapes: because you got pwned by my Mam.

To suggest a different cutting technique to placate or impress difficult guests is preposterous and belongs in a bygone era.

Free food/drink/sex is usually perceived as better quality, even if it is not the case. This notion is inbread.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I suggested a different purchasing pattern, resulting in better fillings. Which would be the case when guests were expected, or on special occasions. I posited that these would be the only occasions on which the triangular method was used.

Indeed my idea encompasses your Mam's as well. Unless of course she charges her guests for their sandwiches. Her theory is at best half-baked.
    Unfortunately it does not encompass my Mam's theory since when t'landlord throws together some tripe sandwiches for the boys after pool, it is usually made from low grade produce. Economy items are also used for parties and such because of the costs involvced in catering for many people.

I think the average person would have eaten more of these low quality party or pub triangles rather than your a la carte guest isoceles, rather exposing your scientific tosh in favour of my Mam's lesson in common sense.

I have to say that your idea about this seems a little ill conceived. Are you hamming it up, at all.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast