Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BTN or PTP

Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    I'm actually surprised BTN and PTP hasn't been taken down yet by the copyright thugs.
    A combination of good opsec (I recall reading that PTP goes through three reverse proxies) plus being a comparatively small target. The amount of people using public torrents and, uh, other less exclusive venues for copyright infringement is several orders of magnitude greater. Then again, that was also the case for What.cd and BCG, so I guess there's also an element of luck involved... or more likely, that running piracy sites is ultimately a losing battle which some merely manage to fight longer than others.

Anyway, if an unsinkable tracker exists at all, then it would have to be TL. 17 years, a member count in the six digits, and yet not a single legal threat I'm aware of. They even have their original domain!
    That's insane. Didn't know their member count was in 6 digits. TL also have pay2leech which makes it even more surprising. I guess the copyright police care more about stealing music than movies and TV. Watch out RED and OPS!

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    Editing cause I'm heartbroken.
    Last edited by soulreaper; 09-07-2021 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Editing cause I'm heartbroken.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    Infact I would even make a small suggestion to the admins here to not allow public requests for sites like PTP and BTN because it will just get some innocent guy banned for merely asking and not knowing what he's getting himself into.
    Whenever threads like this show up, I always mention everything you stated and recommend more "acceptable" means of joining if available. But it's not up to us to decide which trackers are okay to request and which ones aren't.

Invite forums
    Remember when these were "community-driven" and would rip your head off if you were even suspected of trading? It's no wonder none of them exist anymore. I always found the act of building a community primarily around the premise of getting invites moronic, and therefore appreciated FST for what it is: a forum with an invite section, and not the other way around.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    Whenever threads like this show up, I always mention everything you stated and recommend more "acceptable" means of joining if available. But it's not up to us to decide which trackers are okay to request and which ones aren't.

Invite forums
    Remember when these were "community-driven" and would rip your head off if you were even suspected of trading? It's no wonder none of them exist anymore. I always found the act of building a community primarily around the premise of getting invites moronic, and therefore appreciated FST for what it is: a forum with an invite section, and not the other way around.
    True. FST is the best. It's an actual community but unfortunately the activity here has gone down.

BTW sorry for the suggestion and I know you do your bit. I'm just a little bitter now so I want to use my experience to help people out.

BTW the OP said he's a great member of IPT for 12+ years. Both these sites hate IPT so saying that actually works against you.
    Last edited by soulreaper; 09-06-2021 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by micropino View Post
    I am already using IPT for more than 12 years
    Holds no weight as you can buy your ratio.

Those stingy fuckers at PTP and BTN need to open up their invites.
    Invites are open, for Torrent Masters and above

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I always found the act of building a community primarily around the premise of getting invites moronic, and therefore appreciated FST for what it is: a forum with an invite section, and not the other way around.
    I thought it was a NBZ site? I mean like, who am I to believe, you or shay?

Rhetorical question as the obvious answer is you on anything reality related and shay on everything else.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    Last edited by soulreaper; 09-07-2021 at 04:10 PM.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    I'm actually surprised BTN and PTP hasn't been taken down yet by the copyright thugs.
    A combination of good opsec (I recall reading that PTP goes through three reverse proxies) plus being a comparatively small target. The amount of people using public torrents and, uh, other less exclusive venues for copyright infringement is several orders of magnitude greater. Then again, that was also the case for What.cd and BCG, so I guess there's also an element of luck involved...
    If they are based out of some place like Russia, like IPtorrents, then it's a moot point. Like I've stated, previously, they have been in the mainstream news prior.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-cdca/pr...ding-screeners

Quote Originally Posted by EyeCandy View Post
    Holds no weight as you can buy your ratio.

Invites are open, for Torrent Masters and above
    TM means 500 GB + and 500 torrents uploaded right? LOL you may as well shut down the invite system if the requirements are that high cause no way you can do that with a home connection.
    1TB and 200 torrents uploaded. Definitely possible with a home connection at PTP.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    Last edited by soulreaper; 09-07-2021 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Editing cause I'm heartbroken.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    I mean anything is possible but it's highly unlikely to upload that much content given that PTP has almost every movie on the IMDB database. What are users gonna upload now, unreleased Charlie Chaplin material? Goodluck finding that stuff.

I was on a home connection on PTP and never uploaded more than 100 GB. Even that 100 GB was because some guy was in a good mood and handed me BPs.
    You can simply find a Dead(trumpable) DVD, re-rip it and then upload it. Your alive torrent trumps that one.

You was there for a "decade" - you should know that.

And if you didn't upload more than 100 GB over 10 years - you weren't 1:1 seeding or not an active user; which definitely shows why the staff was dismissive of you.
    Last edited by EyeCandy; 09-06-2021 at 12:59 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast