Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Everybody Starting New Accounts!

Originally posted by pyromonkey@13 April 2003 - 15:49
    ya... i guess it must get tiring to always hear about stars and # or posts... well i dont need to worry about that... i'm still a n00b!!!
    respect that!

well ur a n00b... imma Newbie...heh... change makes things more fun??? how so?

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    Forum Star
    Problems with multiple accounts are these, in my opinion:

- It can confuse newer members when an old one gets 'reborn' with a new name.
    - It can get out of hand: imagine 50 or 100 more people doing the same, at that moment nobody will know anybody anymore.
    - Polls won't be very trustworthy anymore if the same person can vote more than once.
    - If somebody does something wrong and gets moderated, he simply can create another account, 'because members like UKman, Nobody1234, Funky Capricorn and The_Great_Dude are allowed to do so too'.

Personaly I liked this namechanging, and it definitely helped ending these endless discussions about postcounts, but it can have some serious side effects I'm affraid.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Originally posted by Bender@14 April 2003 - 10:36
    - If somebody does something wrong and gets moderated, he simply can create another account, 'because members like UKman, Nobody1234, Funky Capricorn and The_Great_Dude are allowed to do so too'.

I don't think you have to worry about somebody1234 getting moderated, he pretty much keeps to himself

j/k, I know what you meant, just have to be careful with your names

I agree with your point that name changing could have negative effects, but wouldn't the mods pretty much know who was who by the IP addresses?

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    Poster
    I see your point, Bender. If my name change causes that problem and the admin/mod team want it disallowed then I will comply to any new rule about this. I am on your side with this one. If someone is being "moderated" uses this tactic then i'm sure we can all agree to some control measures.

@RPerry, yes I pretty much keep to myself. What's your point? (j/k, no need to answer.)

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Bender@14 April 2003 - 12:36
    ...........and it definitely helped ending these endless discussions about postcounts, ..........
    @Bender
    At last someone who understands why it was done in the first place

I have to agree about it being confusing though - heck, it was damn impossible to keep my own brains in order let alone others

@oldmancan
    Nice to be back too bro

@RPerry
    NikkiD sussed me out fron the word go! From my IP no less

Peace
    UKMan

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    Originally posted by RPerry@14 April 2003 - 14:04
    I agree with your point that name changing could have negative effects, but wouldn't the mods pretty much know who was who by the IP addresses?
    for most ppl they will but for ppl like me who are on dial-up we have ever changing IP's everytime we connect so they probably wouldn't be able to track us ....... or am i way off track??

I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    the "ever chaning ip"is if you're behind a proxy (i think)

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    just checked and it does change and as far as i know i don't use a proxy server

beware the ever changing IP

I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    I don't know that I will be here long enough to amass alot of points, so I don't really care.
    Hence the user title
    I'm just here to have fun

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    Poster
    Originally posted by fallenknight308@15 April 2003 - 00:31
    I don't know that I will be here long enough to amass alot of points, so I don't really care.
    Hence the user title
    I'm just here to have fun
    Why? We that bad?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast