Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Michael Owen on drugs ?

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    I think, for Owen, joining NUFC is akin to taking home an ugly bird after a night out. You'd prefer to be shagging a cute blonde with pert breasts but any hole's a goal...

Noice.

I think he's damn lucky to be going there. The unique situation of his preferred clubs means that Newcastle is the best option he could have hoped for; the top three already having a full complement of top strikers, Liverpool being indifferent probably because of the way he blackmailed them into leaving and Real Madrid, plus other top foreign teams, not thinking he was up to the job.

Newcastle are a huge club who treat their players magnificently and the supporters treat them like gods. Maybe after he stops rolling his eyes, he'll realise that he's a fairly lucky chap to be playing for a team in which he could well be the final piece of the jigsaw.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Sports Club   -   #22
    Poster
    Owen's sad because we didn't want him at Man U
    Man U fer eva

3. Sports Club   -   #23
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I think, for Owen, joining NUFC is akin to taking home an ugly bird after a night out. You'd prefer to be shagging a cute blonde with pert breasts but any hole's a goal...

Noice.

I think he's damn lucky to be going there. The unique situation of his preferred clubs means that Newcastle is the best option he could have hoped for; the top three already having a full complement of top strikers, Liverpool being indifferent probably because of the way he blackmailed them into leaving and Real Madrid, plus other top foreign teams, not thinking he was up to the job.

Newcastle are a huge club who treat their players magnificently and the supporters treat them like gods. Maybe after he stops rolling his eyes, he'll realise that he's a fairly lucky chap to be playing for a team in which he could well be the final piece of the jigsaw.
    He's happy because he is at the only club which would have been interested in him, for the reasons you stated.

He's sad because his new manager is a dirty, hacking, cheating, hun bastard.

The boy is simply a wee bit amphibious just now.
    Last edited by JPaul; 09-01-2005 at 04:40 PM.

4. Sports Club   -   #24
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by billyfridge
    Owen's sad because we didn't want him at Man U
    They were too busy making people redundant to sign anyone...
    Last edited by Withcheese; 09-01-2005 at 04:46 PM.

5. Sports Club   -   #25
    His get-out clause seems a bit more complicated than just £12 million next year and he can go, it also depends on NUFC's league position and qualification for European competition.
    Im not sure about the League position but in his contract it says he "needs to be play European football" whatever that means.

However i can imagine that NC are set to make massive ammounts of money on the shirts, and Owen related merchandise. If every NC fan buys the shirt at £30 then thats much more than the £4M difference between that the paid and his buy out clause.

If NC play there cards right they could make this move work for them as well as Owen.

6. Sports Club   -   #26
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Newcastle United fans buy the shirts anyway. If they just get a different name on it I don't see where the extra income comes from.

7. Sports Club   -   #27
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    His get-out clause seems a bit more complicated than just £12 million next year and he can go, it also depends on NUFC's league position and qualification for European competition.
    Apparently the get out clause isn't in the contract he actually signed

8. Sports Club   -   #28
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Newcastle United fans buy the shirts anyway. If they just get a different name on it I don't see where the extra income comes from.

JPaul, I know a few people that have 2 or 3 of the current shirts.. with the different names on them.

You'd almost think that they all need to be wearing the same players name at the same time... and the day of the week defines which name is required.

Owen will be popular, so there will be a number shirts sold with his number and name on them, in addition to the normal sales.

Bit pathetic really..

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. Sports Club   -   #29
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Bit pathetic really..
    Have you got yours yet then?
    Last edited by DanB; 09-01-2005 at 09:49 PM.

10. Sports Club   -   #30
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    Bit pathetic really..
    Have you got yours yet then?
    Mine's on order...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast