Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Kazap Garbage

Originally posted by Rocktron@21 April 2003 - 10:30
    No i don't like it! You made the effort but still made a mistake...
    Writing Bla 27 times (that's dutch and spelled correctly btw) took me more effort than yours.
    Simply trying to keep up with ur twit (useless wit).
    Shall I admit defeat now?
    Oh well...

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by REALITY+22 April 2003 - 08:02--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 22 April 2003 - 08:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Rocktron@21 April 2003 - 10:30
    No i don&#39;t like it&#33; You made the effort but still made a mistake...
    Writing Bla 27 times (that&#39;s dutch and spelled correctly btw) took me more effort than yours.
    Simply trying to keep up with ur twit (useless wit).
    Shall I admit defeat now?
    Oh well... [/b][/quote]
    No no REALITY let&#39;s just forget about all of this okay?
    Let&#39;s just stop this nonsens, i just don&#39;t feel it&#39;s necessary to nourish this any longer.

No one wins and no one loses....

Are you convinced about Kazap already? Is it crap or not?

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Originally posted by Rocktron@22 April 2003 - 14:45
    No no REALITY let&#39;s just forget about all of this okay?
    Let&#39;s just stop this nonsens, i just don&#39;t feel it&#39;s necessary to nourish this any longer.

No one wins and no one loses....&nbsp;

Are you convinced about Kazap already? Is it crap or not?&nbsp;
    Done.
    Thank You.
    Yes KaZap is KaRap.
    Only caused me grief.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by REALITY,22 April 2003 - 19:37
    Are you convinced about Kazap already? Is it crap or not?
    Done.
    Thank You.
    Yes KaZap is KaRap.
    Only caused me grief. [/QUOTE]
    Okay man&#33;
    There is another great program you should try.. it&#39;s name is KazaIgnite. It&#39;s like Speedup but it finds more sources and speeds up more than speedup&#33; Okay okay, it has some bugs and needs some work but i like it very much&#33;

Try it&#33;

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    You can only find as many sources as are there and over exerting as KaZap did only eats band width thus solwing everthing down, I really don&#39;t believe there is actully much difference what any of these programs are doing, just sending commands to search more.

On another note I have noticed I cannot keep mutiple users while dl a file, I used to have 15 to 20 or more on a single (popular) file getting 100kb&#092;s plus but lately I keep 1 user per file maybe 2 for a short while then back to 1. I don&#39;t think the files I am dl are rare, seems odd. I also noticed a lack of sources for everthing I am dl even links from verified sites seem to have no sources. Whats the deal? Anyone Else.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    I too have noticed that... seems strange, though i have mainly contributed it so far to the fact that i download really rare shit, or brand new stuff... ie hot off the presses movies, vcds, cams, etc. So i dont know if its the network, or its my "rush to get new shit" ass...

also, imho, kzap was shit. The seeming search instantly for all downloads.. i download sometimes upwards of 20 files at a time... took majore bandwith, and seemed to negatively affect the files at the begging of the list, as their more sources search seemed to get lost in net traffic or such.

speedup however is nice... as i set it to 4 seconds between file... and 60 seconds before restarting again, which usually gives it plenty of time to come up with more sources needed, and not just a search over a search...

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Originally posted by Rocktron@22 April 2003 - 23:29
    There is another great program you should try.. it&#39;s name is KazaIgnite. It&#39;s like Speedup but it finds more sources and speeds up more than speedup&#33; Okay okay, it has some bugs and needs some work but i like it very much&#33;

Try it&#33;
    Good tip, Ilike it better than the others, even more than SpeedUp. Simplicity is sometimes best.
    I also noticed if you expand all files it searches the subs as well&#33;
    What bugs are there?

I am curious though why on their site they state...
    Unlike kazaa speedup, it has no backdoor, adware or spyware included&#33;
    Since when has SpeedUp had any of this? Seems a shiity way to promote their product, and brings me to be suspicious of their software if not true. Maybe they are referring to the original KaZaa software having a SpeedUp utility, I wouldn&#39;t know as I am KL as most here are.

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by REALITY@24 April 2003 - 07:34
    I like it better than the others, even more than SpeedUp. Simplicity is sometimes best.
    I also noticed if you expand all files it searches the subs as well&#33;
    What bugs are there?

I am curious though why on their site they state...
    Unlike kazaa speedup, it has no backdoor, adware or spyware included&#33;
    Since when has SpeedUp had any of this? Seems a shiity way to promote their product, and brings me to be suspicious of their software if not true. Maybe they are referring to the original KaZaa software having a SpeedUp utility, I wouldn&#39;t know as I am KL as most here are.
    What bugs? Sometimes when you pause a download and he starts it again (that needs some work, a skip paused and queued option),
    he can&#39;t find any sources anymore. But before it found tons of it&#33;
    This is what i do if this happens: I close KazaaIgnite and start Speedup.exe.. he does connect to the sources again, after that
    i pause Speedup.exe and start KazaaIgnite again..

It&#39;s not a handy thing to do but it works&#33;
    And indeed the great thing about KazaaIgnite is that it searches the SUB sources&#33;
    I completed 2 movies in 1 evening "Knockaround Guy&#39;s" and "Bend it like Beckham" that&#39;s enough prove for me&#33;

and about this: Unlike kazaa speedup, it has no backdoor, adware or spyware included&#33;

Yes it seems a bit strange to promote your software like this, but your right, i think the were referring to the original kazaa and all other Spyware invested software?

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Cheers, more good tips.
    I guess we&#39;re over our fighting phase (for now).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123