Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Soccer Questions.

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Yeah, his favourite hobbies include taking photo's of anything including homeless people then knocking them out when they try to take his laptop, and shooting at people who break into his house while he's home.

I suppose the first could be classified as simply taking pictures, which last time i checked was a sport
    Finally some logic.
    Last edited by Busyman; 09-16-2005 at 09:45 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Sports Club   -   #92
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    No one mentioned that great old traditional Aussie sport of Dwarf Tossing yet?

Why Aussie's want to toss off those poor bloody Dwarfs is beyond me though

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. Sports Club   -   #93
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy

Yeah, his favourite hobbies include taking photo's of homeless people then knocking them out when they ask why, and shooting at people who he doesn't like.

I suppose the first could be classified as Hobo Baiting, which last time i checked was a sport
    I think I just ruptured something from laughing.

Bad Peerzy.
    Look the chap made an arse of apostrophe placement, give him a wee break.

4. Sports Club   -   #94
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Go fist some twat.
    You must be truly delightful to know irl.
    I forgot to stay in character...

Go get fisted.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Sports Club   -   #95
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Could some one explain the linemans role in calling offsides ? Shit I'm nominated again to help patrol the line . I understand the concept but is it the linesman job ? I'm scared shitless and could probably fake it but .........

I have a hard time calling the throw in's just because I try to be fair , and you know what happens some fat mom gets her ass in the way of your sight line .The parents all stand too close to the line getting in my way . I'm huffing and puffing running the line .

I look to the ref ,he looks to me ............ fuck it next game one of the other dads can do it .

Edit : Don't tell me to ask the coach to get them to back off , his wife is the one with the big ass .
    Last edited by peat moss; 09-17-2005 at 03:09 AM.

6. Sports Club   -   #96
    Just call the throws how you see them, people will always get things wrong, infact if you watch football on TV you'll see that because of all the cameras and stuff they can often prove the linesman is wrong.

For offside it's easy, who is nearest the goal when the ball is played? If it's the defenders then it's onside and legal. If it's the attacker it's offside.

Onside: as the guy is in line with or behind the defenders and they are nearer to the goal.

When the defenders thing there has been an offside they'll put there hands up and look at you, don't call offside just because of that, alot of times strikers time there runs perfectly so they are in line with the defenders.

7. Sports Club   -   #97
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Could some one explain the linemans role in calling offsides ? Shit I'm nominated again to help patrol the line . I understand the concept but is it the linesman job ? I'm scared shitless and could probably fake it but .........
    Yes, it's your job to call offside decisions. It is ultimately up to the referee whether she gives it or not, but in the majority of cases if you call it she will give it.

Just keep up with play if you can and it will make things a lot easier. Stay in line with the person nearest the goals (other than the footballer's labourer) and watch for someone in an offside position, bearing in mind that they are not offside until the ball is played towards them.

Basically always know if you have someone who is potentially off-side (in an off-side position) then when the ball is played forward raise the flag. However if the ball is played towards someone else and your man is a good way away then you need to consider whether they are effecting play, also if they are actively moving back into an on-side position then you must also consider not giving it.

It's really quite simple.

8. Sports Club   -   #98
    Thanks guys , I think I just needed some moral support , I think I'll work the line on the other side . That way I can coach too , probably better anyway to have the opposition side complaining than my own.

In fairness most of the parents know little of the rules anyway. Our coaches are good they have taught our team to play the offside rule since u7 . Cost us a few games but better to be prepaired I guess .

9. Sports Club   -   #99
    Just remember, whatever you do is wrong.

If you give off-side, the attacking side know you are wrong. If you don't give it then the defending side know you are wrong.

However that also means you are always right, which is nice.

10. Sports Club   -   #100
    Ya JP , and the close calls I'll leave alone ,makes for an exciting game .

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast