Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer Questions.

JunkBarMan's Avatar Milk Sucks,Got Beer?
    Wow, doesn't this sport sound exciting. The more athletic and gifted players are, the more finesse and strategic the games are, which in turn leads to the same plays being done over and over and over....

About the only thing that comes to mind that deserves any recognition in this sport is when a guy gives another man a good kick and then throws his arms up as if to say "What did I do?". At least that has never been done before.

From the sounds of it, this is the most boring sport around. Just keep rehashing the same stuff every game. No wonder Americans don't really care about this thing as a whole, its still stuck filled with British pride and borish rules.
    Last edited by JunkBarMan; 09-13-2005 at 09:22 PM.

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    heres a difference:

basketball - 95% black people
    hockey: - 99% white people
    soccer - 60% white people

Is that a difference between sports?

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkBarMan
    Wow, doesn't this sport sound exciting. The more athletic and gifted players are, the more finesse and strategic the games are, which in turn leads to the same plays being done over and over and over....

About the only thing that comes to mind that deserves any recognition in this sport is when a guy gives another man a good kick and then throws his arms up as if to say "What did I do?". At least that has never been done before.

From the sounds of it, this is the most boring sport around. Just keep rehashing the same stuff every game. No wonder Americans don't really care about this thing as a whole, its still stuck filled with British pride and borish rules.

It's the sport played and watched by the most people. It's not the rest of the world's fault if Americans don't seem to get it. We've tried but you prefer high scoring games.

It's no loss, really. We'll keep loving it, you keep thinking that the minority view, of it being boring, is the correct one.

We'll keep laughing and playing the game which captures the imagination of more people worldwide than any other.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    No one denies marketing is a big part of American sports these days, but damn when your payroll is over $200 million, someone has to pay for it.
    Real Madrids payroll was over $140 million 2 years ago...

They dont need timeouts...

I think the timeouts are to give the American players a breather 'coz of all the armour they're wearing

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach
    heres a difference:

basketball - 95% black people
    hockey: - 99% white people
    soccer - 60% white people

Is that a difference between sports?
    Did you just make those up

Soccer is not played by 60% white people - What about all those folk in S. America. White folk playing the game are in the minority.

Hockey is played by a lot of white people because of the places it's popular. Basketball ... it's a cultural thing, mang.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    No one denies marketing is a big part of American sports these days, but damn when your payroll is over $200 million, someone has to pay for it.
    Real Madrids payroll was over $140 million 2 years ago...

They dont need timeouts...

I think the timeouts are to give the American players a breather 'coz of all the armour they're wearing
    Chelsea's payroll is way more than US$200million this year. Man United's is approaching that figure.

I suspect that Real Madrid's and Barcelona's are higher than both, but I duno.

I think that NFL needs some time outs because of the intricacies of some of the plays - they're just mental ... and what you said

I don't think Basketball needs them so much but stand to be corrected on that, I really don't know what the coach does while the ads are on.

7. Sports Club   -   #17
    Terry is paid £90K (£6 million a year or so) a week, Beckham and the Real Madrid co are paid over £160K a week. American's who play Basketball earn crazy money, like £20 million a year. I suspect it's the same for that game where Americans put on 3 inches of thick army armor and crash into each other as fast as they can.

@Manker - Our special one (Teh Mourinho) has never lost to Manchester Utd, Le Arsenal and another 15 teams in the premiership. Chelsea pwn'd Teh ManUSA 2-1 at your own ground, and again 3 - 1 on the second to last match of last season, with our reserve team pretty much. I remember teh Man Utd played did a lap of honor and Mourinho laughed and said if they had done that (lose badly and do a lap of honor) in Portugal they would have had shit thrown at them

@ Teh Stupid Americans - Please refrain from posting comments on subjects which most of you know fuck all about and start flaming, i could go on for hours about why American Football is shit (and yes i do know the rules and have played it) but i don't. TBH i don't give a shit what little arguement your having with Manker in a different thread, no need to start bashing a sport just cause your one is shit.

8. Sports Club   -   #18
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    @ Teh Stupid Americans - Please refrain from posting comments on subjects which most of you know fuck all about and start flaming, i could go on for hours about why American Football is shit (and yes i do know the rules and have played it) but i don't. TBH i don't give a shit what little arguement your having with Manker in a different thread, no need to start bashing a sport just cause your one is shit.
    I don't know why he thinks I bash Americans, I hardly ever do. I think he's confused because I use big words.

Anyhow:
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    @Manker - Our special one (Teh Mourinho) has never lost to Manchester Utd, Le Arsenal and another 15 teams in the premiership. Chelsea pwn'd Teh ManUSA 2-1 at your own ground, and again 3 - 1 on the second to last match of last season, with our reserve team pretty much. I remember teh Man Utd played did a lap of honor and Mourinho laughed and said if they had done that (lose badly and do a lap of honor) in Portugal they would have had shit thrown at them
    Feck awf

I read a report in an Accounancy magazine on Chelski quite recently that their accountants, KPMG, are unofficially really worried about being associated with Chelsea because if that Russian oil seller pulls out, they'd go bankrupt quicker than Leeds.

Hope no-one pisses him off d

9. Sports Club   -   #19
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!

Damn dude that's a little much.

I like all sports to an extent and watch soccer on occasion (as well as Rugby Union). I think it's kinda boring too but don't insult the British for it.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Sports Club   -   #20
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

It's the sport played and watched by the most people. It's not the rest of the world's fault if Americans don't seem to get it. We've tried but you prefer high scoring games.
    Not really. We watch hockey and NFL football on a goal basis, it is about the same. A touchdown just happens to be 6 points and a field goal, 3.
    I mentioned before that shit game I froze my ass off for where both teams scored 1 touchdown and the game ended in a tie.
    Last edited by Busyman; 09-14-2005 at 12:58 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast