Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For the few of you who've asked...

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    @busyman , Bush isn't even a good person ,just one born with a silver spoon up his ass . He's got to be the most clumsy fuck since President Ford . Poor people skills too how did he get elected anyway ? Oh ya the Florida polls .
    Well, you'll be shut of him in a mere 3 years; better get behind your candidate, peat...

Whats that old saying friend about the devil you know ?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

Well, you'll be shut of him in a mere 3 years; better get behind your candidate, peat...

Whats that old saying friend about the devil you know ?
    You know the Devil?!!??
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Sometimes its better than the one you don't.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Vote for a Man, Not a Puppet
    by Charley Reese

Besides, it would be fun to have a president who plays hockey, windsurfs, ride motorcycles, plays the guitar, writes poetry and speaks French. It would be good to have a man in the White House who has killed people face to face. Killing people has a sobering effect on a man and dispels all illusions about war.

May 17, 2004
    i remember this article! very distinctly. this bit sort of describes why i figured that kerry's chance of winning was very slim. the u.s. is at a point where appearing literate, sophisticated, modern, coherent, familiar with some issues, etc... all of that is to one's detriment. people didn't want any part of it, in 2000 & 2004.

there's been a whole trend. bush's re-election on an "i'm clueless and i misprenounce ever'thang, basically" platform (in part, anyway) wasn't merely coincidental to jeff foxworthy's continuing success in film & television, for example. same trend. "blue collar tv"? sweet lord. who decided that "blue collar" is synonymous with "ignorant white trash"? foxworthy and his partners, their whole gimmick is the cute idea that an authentic american piles up garbage in his yard, beats his wife, and thinks art & education are for fags & europeans. bush's gimmick, too, more or less.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 10-02-2005 at 08:03 AM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Bread and Circuses.

Or

Make a certain lifestyle seem worthy and the hoi polloi have no need for aspirations. Hey it's OK to be Al Bundy, so why should I put any effort into getting on in life.

Or

Both
    Last edited by JPaul; 10-02-2005 at 02:17 PM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    So reading j2's first post,am I to understand that if Bush gets in again it is your right to arm yourselves and march on Washington to oust him,how many term's can a president serve in the states?

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    I think twa' is the limit, then you're oot.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    I think twa' is the limit, then you're oot.
    Yup.

A march on the White House would, I fear, be a bit pie-in-the-sky at this point, but that merely serves to show how far we've strayed from our ideals, and, like it or not, that trend began with Abraham Lincoln's extraordinary measures to lash up the North and South so inextricably as to preclude secession during our Civil War.

The process of ending slavery pointed up a few very, very large (other) issues, you see?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Lincoln

You top hat wearing bar steward.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Lincoln

You top hat wearing bar steward.
    From that point-of-view, certainly.

Some would argue the outcome redeems his actions; I have always wrestled with the question, myself...

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12