Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Operating system not found?

orcutt989's Avatar Blargh

+

=

Problem Solved.
    Last edited by orcutt989; 10-14-2005 at 03:15 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    works for me except i use my mini sledge hammer=its only 6 feet long with a 25 foot pound weight onthe end

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mïcrösöül°V³
    linux leaves partitions behind that windows format will not get rid of. Only a low level format will get rid of them AFAIK. There are smarter people here than me, but my experience is this: Windows after linux dont work real well. As far as I can tell, linux uses 3 partitions, and trying to just install windows, or even using windows in the same drive is a problem. This is just my 2 cents worth. I hope you get it working.
    Low level formatting isn't needed. All you need to do is delete all the partitions with a partitioning tool. I like Ranish Partition Manager: http://www.ranish.com/part/
    Last edited by Virtualbody1234; 10-14-2005 at 06:06 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Only in a Processor.
    IT'S ALIVE! The guy that messed up the computer in the first place, uninstalled Linux, and made the linux partition into free space. Grub was then getting in the way. So he basically didn't uninstall it completely. But it's fixed now, I basically just formated the whole drive, and deleted the partitions, reinstalled Windows XP Pro, and now it works just fine. Thank you all for your help! (screw windows help, the just posted once, and never again)
    Only in a computer will I find happiness.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12