Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crime of "Unauthorized Reproduction"

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Surely you are aware that this impetus which we call wasteful is bi-partisan in nature, and compels perhaps 95% of all legislative action?
    And that is relevant how?
    Did Sen. Miller have Democratic backers I am unaware of?

Face it j2, this is just another clarion call to Christian conservatives by a mush-headed politician (who, in this case, is indubitably Republican).
    Even the good Senator in her wildest dreams could not have thought this proposal would bear fruit, but it is an excellent way to show that she hates queers, immigrants and any other non-white Christians as much as the powerful core constituancy of her party.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    this is way out of control. I feel like this country is regressing right in front of my eyes.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    Surely you are aware that this impetus which we call wasteful is bi-partisan in nature, and compels perhaps 95% of all legislative action?
    And that is relevant how?
    Did Sen. Miller have Democratic backers I am unaware of?

Face it j2, this is just another clarion call to Christian conservatives by a mush-headed politician (who, in this case, is indubitably Republican).
    Even the good Senator in her wildest dreams could not have thought this proposal would bear fruit, but it is an excellent way to show that she hates queers, immigrants and any other non-white Christians as much as the powerful core constituancy of her party.
    I was making the perfectly reasonable point that the great majority of our legislators' activities are efforts expended in service of self-perpetuation or, as in this case, stupid, felt causes mis- or mal-perceived, and that the phenomenon of the impetus is not manifested in only one party.

I should add that the attribution of this quality exclusively to only one or the other of the two prevalent political parties in our country is indicative of a closed mind.

In other words, I am not accusing you of Ruthie-ness, but merely noting that your post was Ruthie-like.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I was making the perfectly reasonable point that the great majority of our legislators' activities are efforts expended in service of self-perpetuation or, as in this case, stupid, felt causes mis- or mal-perceived, and that the phenomenon of the impetus is not manifested in only one party.

I should add that the attribution of this quality exclusively to only one or the other of the two prevalent political parties in our country is indicative of a closed mind.
    This does kind of go against the right wings stance that the democrats are the party of NO ideas

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc

This does kind of go against the right wings stance that the democrats are the party of NO ideas
    I'm not quite sure what you intend that to mean in relation to my post, but the gist of it is ironic in that, if we ever suffer the ignominy of another liberal President, you will have absolutely no basis from which to claim relevancy for any subsequent remarks you will no doubt still feel compelled to make.

Well done!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready

I was making the perfectly reasonable point that the great majority of our legislators' activities are efforts expended in service of self-perpetuation
    OKey-dokey.
    Now, back to Sen. Miller and her reproductive purity act.

What do think of her?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    , if we ever suffer the ignominy of another liberal President,
    What an idiotic statement in light of the current tenure of the President.
    Last edited by Busyman; 10-09-2005 at 02:19 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28

I was making the perfectly reasonable point that the great majority of our legislators' activities are efforts expended in service of self-perpetuation
    OKey-dokey.

What do think of her?
    Good luck clocker.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29

OKey-dokey.

What do think of her?
    I don't know her, I'm not familiar with her, and I don't have any compelling urge to wade through what must be a thoroughly misguided legislative effort, as it is easily and properly judged by it's surface components.

That she labels herself a Republican is unfortunate for the party, I'd say.

What do you think of Senator Robert Byrd, D-Virginia?

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    OKey-dokey.

What do think of her?
    I don't know her, I'm not familiar with her, and I don't have any compelling urge to wade through what must be a thoroughly misguided legislative effort, as it is easily and properly judged by it's surface components.

That she labels herself a Republican is unfortunate for the party, I'd say.

What do you think of Senator Robert Byrd, D-Virginia?
    Name some shit he's done.

edit: I know who he is. It's West Virginia and he's that fucking dick ass ex-Klansman that said he met "white niggers" on the news.

He is one good reason to keep affirmative action.
    Last edited by Busyman; 10-09-2005 at 02:34 AM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast