Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Patriotism Under Attack!

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by gripper103.2
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    http://www.komotv.com/news/story.asp?ID=39576

uh, hmm, actually... well. vandalism isn't nice, especially when it's meant to harrass someone. the police should try to put an end to that, if they can.

but on the other hand, singlehandedly conquering vietnam three times (as much as i appreciate this accomplishment) doesn't exempt his home from prevailing notions of "residential upkeep" or good taste. the local news portrays him as an embattled hero? more like, the city oughta write him a ticket. the election was a full year ago. cut your lawn every couple of weeks, don't leave exterior christmas decorations up all year 'round, don't leave non-functional automobiles & appliances strewn around your yard, and take the dagnabbitin' garshdurned PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN SIGNS down after the election's finished. you know? nobody wants their property values brought down by one guy's brave decorative choices (i.e. clown house).

Is this you J2K4 ?

Uhhhhhh.......sorry, no.

I've never had a campaign sign of any sort on my property, nor would I.

Haven't the slightest idea why anyone would think a sign would/could/should alter a random viewpoint; the effect is surely lost on me. /
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

Haven't the slightest idea why anyone would think a sign would/could/should alter a random viewpoint; the effect is surely lost on me. /
    That's because you are sentient.
    For many I suspect the last lawn sign before the polling booth is the total extent of their campaign information.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker

For many I suspect the last lawn sign before the polling booth is the total extent of their campaign information.

Wouldn't politics be interesting if every individual voted purely on the strength of the merits of each candidate rather than on lawn signs and tribal allegiances.

.... just a thought
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    http://www.komotv.com/news/story.asp?ID=39576

uh, hmm, actually... well. vandalism isn't nice, especially when it's meant to harrass someone. the police should try to put an end to that, if they can.

but on the other hand, singlehandedly conquering vietnam three times (as much as i appreciate this accomplishment) doesn't exempt his home from prevailing notions of "residential upkeep" or good taste. the local news portrays him as an embattled hero? more like, the city oughta write him a ticket. the election was a full year ago. cut your lawn every couple of weeks, don't leave exterior christmas decorations up all year 'round, don't leave non-functional automobiles & appliances strewn around your yard, and take the dagnabbitin' garshdurned PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN SIGNS down after the election's finished. you know? nobody wants their property values brought down by one guy's brave decorative choices (i.e. clown house).

Yes , what he's doing smacks of free speech, and reminds us of those pesky Christians with their creches and the like.

When will these people learn?
    Guys like this though are the reason people have HOAs.
    What freedoms don't Christians have btw? Sounds like a spurious statement.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    He sounds like a good old boy I'd leave the swastika too , let the city pay for the clean up .

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker

Another argument for means-testing voters...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready

Another argument for means-testing voters...
    Now there is a slippery slope for you to traverse.
    "Intelligence profiling"...it's the coming thing.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    J2 doesn't go for those new fangled ideas

Eugenics! now there is an idea that still seems to have legs in some circles.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles

You all really have the wrong idea about me.

After all this time...

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles

You all really have the wrong idea about me.

After all this time...

I jest!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast