Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume
Quote Originally Posted by zaphodiv
format C:/ would have been so much more cost efficient.

The kind of people who have problems with adware have lost their windows, application and driver CD's, lost their windows ME key, don't have backups, don't know their ISP and email user names and passwords, have files they want to keep scattered all over the harddrive and are totally confused when the toolbars in office are in differnent places.
Oh, come on. She knew how to google for "aurora" but couldn't google for a removal guide? That took me 1.5 minutes top. Then all she had to do was to follow the instructions.

When I first had my computer I didn't even know how to copy/paste. I learned through trial and error, but mostly by reading stuff on the internet (and joining here ).

She did do so O.o

Using another computer, Smith googled "Aurora" to learn more. She ineffectively tried using anti-spyware programs to remove it, tried killing the adware using Task Manager, and eventually hired a computer technician, who spent three days (at $50 an hour) trying to fix the problem. Each time he removed the software, she says, it would automatically reinstall itself under a different name.