Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Fastest way to loose flab (ab exercise)

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I have an 8-pack and I hate sit-ups 'cause they hurt my back (I still grind it out sometimes though).

I use the Ab-Lounge and do it while watching TV. I hate the fact I bought a fucking machine though for abs.

I also do knee-lifts (bent and str8 leg) and oblique sit-ups (VERRRRY IMPORTANT).

so by that u mean a ab machine is not really needed?

2. Lounge   -   #12
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Help Me Gain Weight What Are Some Techniques.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park
    taco bell and lots of tv

4. Lounge   -   #14
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    and winter break's coming up, meaning beaches and lots of exposed abs.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    other side of the world

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by abu_has_the_power
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I have an 8-pack and I hate sit-ups 'cause they hurt my back (I still grind it out sometimes though).

I use the Ab-Lounge and do it while watching TV. I hate the fact I bought a fucking machine though for abs.

I also do knee-lifts (bent and str8 leg) and oblique sit-ups (VERRRRY IMPORTANT).

so by that u mean a ab machine is not really needed?
    Correct....however I do knee lifts on a dip/wide arm pull-up contraption.

Oblique exercise is important 'cause what good is a six-pack when it's packaged in pudding?

Cardio exercise is important as well. Everyone has a six-pack but it's hidden under abuncha pudding.
    Last edited by Busyman; 10-18-2005 at 01:05 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park
    Lift weights
    Less cardio
    Eat (high lean protein, low sugar, multivitamin, vegetables, fruit blahblahblah,)

In particular, eat protein 15 min before and after you lift.

One day do arms and legs
    Next day chest and back
    Abs everyday
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Lounge   -   #18
    i just read a few articles on random sites. apparently, the best way to loost flab is to do cardiovascular and whole-body exercises. sit-up's really only tone the 6 pack that u already have. the whole-body exercises looses the fat so the 6 pack comes up to the surface.

so wat would u recommend? my school has a crappy but sufficient fitness center. there's some treadmills and bikes and stepping machines and there's the resistence/weight training equipment that i mainly use.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by abu_has_the_power
    i just read a few articles on random sites. apparently, the best way to loost flab is to do cardiovascular and whole-body exercises. sit-up's really only tone the 6 pack that u already have. the whole-body exercises looses the fat so the 6 pack comes up to the surface.

so wat would u recommend? my school has a crappy but sufficient fitness center. there's some treadmills and bikes and stepping machines and there's the resistence/weight training equipment that i mainly use.
    What sports do you like? Do more of it.

Swimming is the best. It's no impact and combines cardio and "natural weight lifting". You must go against the water.

Running in your neighborhood is good too. I used to hate running on a track 'cause "when you're over here, you look across the track and think shit I gotta be over there, then when you get over there.............".

For your neighborhood run, drive the route you'd like to take. Make sure you odometer is reset and drive a 1, 3, and 5 mile route. Work up to the different routes. Depending on if you are really out of shape, I recommend you start with a 3 mile run.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Lounge   -   #20
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    You could do a million sit ups a day but it won’t do you any good. Sit ups and ab exercises help to tone the abdominal muscles, but to make them show you need to loose the weight.

Exercise is very important but without a correct diet you’re pissing in the wind. You need to eat the right foods to help you to burn the calories, which is what leads to weight loss. Starving yourself and eating 2 or 3 times a day isn’t enough. What you should do is to eat healthy meals and also eat things like protein bars and shakes throughout the day.

The only way that you can achieve weight loss is by hard work and determination. There are no such things as magic pills or ab machines that will give you six pack abs with no hard work.

Hit the gym hard and eat the right foods.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast