Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NZB Question

Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    Quote Originally Posted by top25
    Giganews rules its 5 bucks more than UsenetMonster and way better the newserver retention on most popular binarys is 55+days retention compared to
    UsenetMonsters 14days and Newshostings 24days.Giganews our usenet is better than everybody's Hellz Yeah.
    I've also heard they cap users with "higher than normal" usage.

So... $15 p/m NewsHosting, 24 days (rising to 40), No caps.
    Or... $25 p/m Giganews, 55 days, Possible capping.

Is it really worth the extra $10?
    Yeah, that is what happened to me. :p
    However, I have been using NewsHosting for about a year now and it is awesome. They say the retention is 24 days, but its more like 35, because I grabbed a REALLY old DVDr the other day and only had a few incompletes that were fixed with the pars.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    I generally can manage around that also and theres no way the addition $10 is worth it...

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Jimi...'s Avatar Mister Subtle
    Well I'm paying $20 a month unlimited and with 4 connections, I've got a 2Mbit line and download at 225KB/s. I can get files that are 35 days so I don't know where you heard 14 days from.
    I downloaded around 200GB last month, the only time my download rate dropped is when someone else started doing someone on the other PC in the house connected to the net.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    top25's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Its simple i pay 10 more for 55 plus days retention i can get files most people cant and if i have a prob with them as far as usage in the following months ill just find better but im a very happy customer right now especially since newzbin is following suit of max retention newsservers with up to 60 days on binarys so the only way for me to take advantage of this extra retention was to choose giganews newshosting is just taking to long to upgrade thier retention to 45 days and that still wont beat giganews retention.That's why i had to cancel my newshosting account.ps. NewsMonsters site says that it has 14 days retention for binarys that where i saw that and i get max speeds aswell.giganews seems more stable than newshosting aswell i used to disconnect for no reason with newshosting from time to time.
    Last edited by top25; 11-04-2005 at 10:52 PM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Ive used NewsHsoting now for quite a long time and have no issues whatsoever and still think its the beast dela for the money around. If you think about it you can get NewsHosting on a yearly for $155 whereas GigNews is $300 unless they have a yearly discount I dont know about. Not to mention NewsHosting seems to have no issue with shared accounts also. As for retention Ive noticed its gotten better lately flooating near 40 days or so...

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Yep, I just grabbed a file that was on Usenet September 28th!

I'm still in shock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12