Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas-Is it offensive?

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    well, re: england, specifically. england does have an official state religion. until the gov't removes the church of england's official status, i'm not sure why there should be any controversy about christianity's right to go wherever it pleases.
    Good point.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Only a complete fanatic would be offended by holidays not of their faith.

On the flip side as Brianiac pointed to it is just as fanatical to demand that a company such as walmart stop using a generic "happy Holidays" as they have people of many different faiths as customers.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    well, re: england, specifically. england does have an official state religion. until the gov't removes the church of england's official status, i'm not sure why there should be any controversy about christianity's right to go wherever it pleases.
    The point is well made, however bear in mind that the Church of England is Anglican. Not all Christians have equal rights in the UK.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i wanna celebrate some non-christian events now

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    eidt: non catholic or whatever mang

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc

On the flip side as Brianiac pointed to it is just as fanatical to demand that a company such as walmart stop using a generic "happy Holidays" as they have people of many different faiths as customers.
    I was curious to see how you handled this in your household.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I have no problems with Christians wishing to celebrate their messiahs birthday just after the winter solstice, its just a shame they cant celebrate it on his actual birthday...

Seriously, i enjoy Christmas and it isnt even my faiths holiday just like Gripper..

Cant see any reason to put any type of pc crap towards it, it means different things to different people. Some its religious, some just a time for fun and commercial gain..

I dont think i've ever came across anyone, of any faith (apart from a couple of Jehovas Witnesses), that have anything against people celebrating the occasion in whatever way they think is most fitting. I know plenty of Jews, Muslims and others that get into the Christmas spirit and enjoy the occasion, without having any clashes with their own beliefs.

Its the claim of most religions that we should be nice to each other.. its the one time of year (at least in this country) that everyone, of all faiths, at least try for a couple of days.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    I have no problems with Christians wishing to celebrate their messiahs birthday just after the winter solstice, its just a shame they cant celebrate it on his actual birthday...

Seriously, i enjoy Christmas and it isnt even my faiths holiday just like Gripper..

Cant see any reason to put any type of pc crap towards it, it means different things to different people. Some its religious, some just a time for fun and commercial gain..

I dont think i've ever came across anyone, of any faith (apart from a couple of Jehovas Witnesses), that have anything against people celebrating the occasion in whatever way they think is most fitting. I know plenty of Jews, Muslims and others that get into the Christmas spirit and enjoy the occasion, without having any clashes with their own beliefs.

Its the claim of most religions that we should be nice to each other.. its the one time of year (at least in this country) that everyone, of all faiths, at least try for a couple of days.

Well said.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank

I was curious to see how you handled this in your household.
    Well the tree, presents, roast turkey etc. have absolutely nothing to do with Jesus or any religious ritual as far as I know so I just do that and take it as a day for family.

I wish people a merry Christmas just like everyone else.

I would like to point out that I think it is entirely possible that a man called Jesus could have existed. He would not have been the son of god of course but a rather pleasant man that wanted us to "get along". He would have faired pretty poorly in the USA today I feel and would be vilified by the right wing.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    I would like to point out that I think it is entirely possible that a man called Jesus could have existed.

You think.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast