Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Graphx card and PSU problem

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    ok, i think i figured out my problem. for those OCer's out there, it's essential to lock the agp ratio thingy to 66.6.66/33.3.33. i just looked in my bios. my voltages are all fine. well within working range. i look in my oc settings, and my agp ratio is set to auto! and my ram voltage is set to auto too. no wonder my computer crashes. :doh:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Don't believe the voltage readings from BIOS (or any other software program for that matter).
    If you want to really know, use a multimeter and take readings while the PC is under stress-in your case, whilst playing a game.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by abu_has_the_power
    hmmmm..... u might be right. but how can it be loose? i haven't moved my computer around at all for a long time. hmmm......
    The video card has a fan on it, so the video card's been vibrating for the last year, so the molex could have been wiggling it's way out.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    i checked my gpu fan a few days ago. it's spinning. it's a crappy fan, but it's spinning

i can't wait for next summer. building me a small form factor pimpmachine

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by abu_has_the_power
    i checked my gpu fan a few days ago. it's spinning. it's a crappy fan, but it's spinning

i can't wait for next summer. building me a small form factor pimpmachine
    No i didn't say your fan isn't working, I said that could be a reason for a loose connection.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    oh, right. well, i took out the 12v molex and plugged it back in. then i tried another molex.

so far, it seems to be working. for some reason my screen still gets screwy occasionally when i play games. sigh

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17

this is how fucked up my computer is right now

sigh

is this a power supply problem? or a video card problem?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Was your CS like this before the update? Also it looks like this happens just when u respawn...does it?
    Last edited by silent h3ro; 12-08-2005 at 03:15 AM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    no, this whole thing was going on the 2nd half of our game with u and maebach.

this was well before the update. it started when i got The Movies, and i ran it @ max resolution of my lcd (1280 x something) with everything on high. it ran fine for a few days, but then i set my desktop to max res too for photoshop and maya, and in a few days, i started getting the early forms of what i get now. artifacts all over the desktop, in games, and shit. now it's gotten much worse. wtf?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    this was well before the update. it started when i got The Movies, and i ran it @ max resolution of my lcd (1280 x something) with everything on high. it ran fine for a few days, but then i set my desktop to max res too for photoshop and maya, and in a few days, i started getting the early forms of what i get now. artifacts all over the desktop, in games, and shit. now it's gotten much worse. wtf?

help?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast