Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Santa removed from Coke cans. Non-Christians find him "offensive."

Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    pretty soon we wont be allowed to put up christmas trees because it might offend passers by.....
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    They pass me by and throw eggs yet i am not a follower in anything

I guess this year a lot of products wont have Santa on,
    even the Mince Pies
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzz
    that really is one of the most stupid things ive ever heard, anyone who agrees with taking santa off the coke cans is an IDIOT.
    + anyone who thinks christmas is in any danger? also an IDIOT.

just to be fair.
    Pretty soon the word Christmas will be erased from TV, billboards, and newspapers. I say so the hell what.

If Christmas is a religious holiday, let it be religious and fuck all the other bullshit marketing feces smeared all over the place.

He wasn't even born on Dec. 25.

If you really want to celebrate Christmas, put Jesus back in it.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    + anyone who thinks christmas is in any danger? also an IDIOT.

just to be fair.
    Pretty soon the word Christmas will be erased from TV, billboards, and newspapers. I say so the hell what.

If Christmas is a religious holiday, let it be religious and fuck all the other bullshit marketing feces smeared all over the place.

jesus isnt fun, whats fun about some hairy hippy being nailed to a cross, no-one these days celebrate the real meaning of christmas, which is probably fake anyway!
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzz

jesus isnt fun, whats fun about some hairy hippy being nailed to a cross, no-one these days celebrate the real meaning of christmas, which is probably fake anyway!
    Not my point and the point is who cares if you celebrate it since you ain't Christian.

I don't have the inkling to make Hannukah fun 'cause I don't give a shit about it.

Christmas on the Dec. 25 was made to overshadow a pagan day anyway. It is some made up compromise shit that, as I see it, worked. Christians and non-Christians celebrate it now like it was when it was made up.
    Last edited by Busyman; 11-23-2005 at 03:49 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god

Good point.
    if they release Coke cans in the USA prominently featuring some of these symbols (or images connected to them?), and they don't receive a ton of complaints from christians, i'll be more willing to entertain the notion that the polar bear cans represent unfair discrimination against christmas:

Another good point.
    @ all
    Perhaps to please everyone the stores should not put up any "holiday" stuff until each holiday. Have the stores celebrate with all their customers on an individual basis. I'm sure no one would be offended by the walmart Islam displays or having the Jewish candles lit in a prominent display area. I believe Satanists have some good festivals...how about a "happy devil day" display. Of course that would mean that they were not just covering a Christian holiday .

It seems ironic to me to be offended by the use of "happy holidays" or "seasons greetings" then suggesting that nobody should be offended by "merry christmas".

To the removal of santa. Yes it is dumb to remove it but as he is not a religious symbol why would a Christian see it as an attack on their religion?.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    They're removing Santa from Coke cans and replacing him with polar bears... It amazes me... people will complain about anything these days...
    I know. It's getting pretty ridiculous. I've even heard about people who actually complain about what's on Coke cans! Weird, huh?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    if it really bothers you that Santa is on a can of Coke... drink Mountain Dew or something else... jeez...
    the Coca-Cola company doesn't want people to drink Mountain Dew. Mountain Dew is a Pepsi brand. if it comes down to a choice between keeping Santa or losing customers to Mountain Dew, Santa's gonna lose.

if they release Coke cans in the USA prominently featuring some of these symbols (or images connected to them?), and they don't receive a ton of complaints from christians, i'll be more willing to entertain the notion that the polar bear cans represent unfair discrimination against christmas:

Satanism is a Christian cult tho..

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    the Coca-Cola company doesn't want people to drink Mountain Dew. Mountain Dew is a Pepsi brand. if it comes down to a choice between keeping Santa or losing customers to Mountain Dew, Santa's gonna lose.

Satanism is a Christian cult tho..
    Satan knows the Bible better than us all.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast