Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 7800gtx amdx2 2gbram-no games run good

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    ya, dont know if this has already been said, but have u checked in BIOS to make sure PCI-e is enabled and that ur video card is indeed configured for PCI-e (i remember when i bought my pci-e, bios showed it as PCI, dont ask why it was like that i have no idea, i had to change it to PCI-e). and if all else fails, return the card, and demand an exchange or refund.
    It's settings like PCI-E that should be set in the BIOS by defualt. Pretty strange when it's not. Thanks for the info though because I'm getting a new mobo with PCI-E, so I'll be sure to check the BIOS.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    greets
    Bois is up to date there is a beta release but i don't really wanna use a beta.
    All parts in this system where purchased from overclockers.co.uk and are new

There are no jumpers on the mobo and the card is in the 16x slot, also bios is set to pci-e first and i believe there are a few pci-e settings. These are something to do with speeding the card up ( i haven't used them because i believe i should not need to, the card should run games fine out of the box)
    I will have a look when i get home and then report back.
    Also i will try coolbits.
    I will check the idle temp but i know it hits 70 when i have gamed for about 40 mins (stock cooler installed on it). Also i have trieds various monitors so thats not it. Can you tell me if it matters what dvi port i connect my monitor to. i haven't tried because i will need to take it all out and cut a bit of case away. I used a program called everest which i'm sure you have heard of and when i looked at the display readings it said my pci-e 16x slot was used by my card- this is ok but in one of the spare slots it said something was in it running at 4x ( it never said what was using it though)

But i got a MASSIVE result with cod2 i turned the audio quality down and the games speed increase was fantastic. it still judders a tad but omg it is nearly all set top whack. i have tried in various other games but nothing .

And i removed my dvd-rom just to use in another pc and the dvd r/w transfered 2.6gb in about 9 mins. Ideally though i want the dvd-rom in it aswell. So i will still need to look in to that.

i'm gonna check bios about the pci-e card so will let ya know

cheers all

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Just to see, go into your game's settings (any of the stuttering ones) and see in the sound options if 3d sound or surround sound or any options like that are turned on.
    I remember i used to have problems with this and it always pissed me off until I realized it was because I was setting then to surround sound which meant my CPU had a lot of work to do (onboard sound).

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    some of the games don't have such options, following the success i had with cod2 i tried them straight away. the ones that did it had no effect

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    i know there have been some problems with some of the gtx cards being overclocked too much from the manufactorer. a friend of mine has a msi one and another has asus maybe??? and both were overclocked too far resulting in the pauses and stuttering in game...

try underclocking your card a bit and see if that works... worked for a few people i know with almost identical systems as yours.

rk

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    zygorator
    got the same problem, but if you go to the task manager and set the game to only run on the first cpu it runs smooth.
    i dont know why it does this though.
    damnit i want to run my games with both cpu's.
    could it be that the 2nd cpu is defect?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123