Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Chatroom And The Atmosphere There

Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Somebody: we don't use kltops anymore because Tommy left and it was his room, we can't change anything there without him

XeroXed: that disclaimer would be a good idea I think...Tilen suggested that too

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    Poster
    I only refered to that room to illustrate that we knew the room would have this problem. We can still leave the link and use the other #klregs room. Why take away a feature that serves a purpose?

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    an ordinary day in chat nowadays:
    * Hoag has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
    * hotgirl22 has left #klchat
    <GummiElfe> eDonkey seems to be rather slow
    * mrcall1969 sets mode: +vv eXon gentleman
    * mrcall1969 sets mode: -m
    <RacerII> emule does not, edonkey has a stupid add
    * gentleman has quit IRC (QUIT: gentleman)
    * gonca has joined #klchat
    * guest659 has joined #klchat
    * p2p515762 has joined #klchat
    * PROSP has joined #klchat
    <p2p515762> XCOPY&nbsp; &nbsp; Copies files and directory trees.
    <p2p515762> C:&#092;Documents and Settings&#092;M.A.F.I.A>help<EasterBunny> this isnt a site
    <p2p515762> The system cannot find the file specified.
    <p2p515762> C:&#092;Documents and Settings&#092;M.A.F.I.A><tilen76> ty
    <p2p515762> The syntax of the command is incorrect.
    <p2p515762> C:&#092;Documents and Settings&#092;M.A.F.I.A><EasterBunny> its a "server"
    <p2p515762> C:&#092;Documents and Settings&#092;M.A.F.I.A>* Hoag has joined #KLchat<p2p515762> C:&#092;Documents and Settings&#092;M.A.F.I.A>* Hoag has joined #KLchat
    <p2p515762> &#39;*&#39; is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    <p2p515762> operable program or batch file.
    * p2p515762 was kicked by K-Lite (Stop flooding&#33
    * eXon has quit IRC (QUIT: eXon)
    <GummiElfe> what about overnet?
    * eXon has joined #klchat
    * eXon has left #klchat
    <klchat1552> edonkey2000.com
    * ment has quit IRC (QUIT: )
    * p2p515762 has joined #klchat
    <p2p515762> hay all
    <p2p515762> lol
    <p2p515762> XCOPY&nbsp; &nbsp; Copies files and directory trees.
    <EasterBunny> poo
    <p2p515762> C:&#092;Documents and Settings&#092;M.A.F.I.A>help<EasterBunny> this isnt a site
    <p2p515762> C:&#092;Documents and Settings&#092;M.A.F.I.A><tilen76> ty
    <p2p515762> The syntax of the command is incorrect.
    <p2p515762> C:&#092;Documents and Settings&#092;M.A.F.I.A><EasterBunny> its a "server"
    <p2p515762> C:&#092;Documents and Settings&#092;M.A.F.I.A>* Hoag has joined #KLchat
    <p2p515762> &#39;*&#39; is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    <p2p515762> operable program or batch file.
    <p2p515762> C:&#092;Documents and Settings&#092;M.A.F.I.A><RacerII> at the bottom tilen
    <EasterBunny> poo
    * K-Lite sets mode: +b *&#33;*@p2p-3EA8B9F2.ipt.aol.com* p2p515762 was kicked by K-Lite (Stop flooding&#33
    <p2p515762> C:&#092;Documents and Settings&#092;M.A.F.I.A><chaz> on this download what ever
    <EasterBunny> hahah
    <EasterBunny> hes banned
    * mrcall1969 sets mode: +vv gonca guest659
    * tilen76 sets mode: +v PROSP
    <RacerII> overnet has a stupid banner add
    <RacerII> overnet has a stupid banner add
    * Lefty has quit IRC (Connection reset by peer)
    * p2pchat_mirc3 has joined #klchat
    * pykeyk has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
    * hoyfamily has joined #klchat
    <p2pchat_mirc3> .
    <GummiElfe> anyone from germany here?
    * hoyfamily has left #klchat
    <jip> yea
    <lynn> brb
    * tilen76 sets mode: +v p2pchat_mirc3
    * Josi has quit IRC (Connection reset by peer)
    <GummiElfe> oder: spricht hier jemand deutsch?
    * pisicutarea1 has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
    * klchat1934 has joined #klchat
    * klchat1934 is now known as Marcin_polska
    <jip> yer
    <guest971> Another question...

I know it serves well, but sth HAS to be done....I don&#39;t want it to go either, I like chat and I spend a lot of tme in there...

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Ex-member
    that&#39;s no chatroom&#33;

Noone said anything&#33;

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    thats why they should make me a mod there

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by Skweeky@19 April 2003 - 08:48
    I would like to ask all people that come in to the chatroom to keep it calm, nice and friendly.

Are the people members of this site? Or just IRC users who saw the room and decided to stop in? If the room was +M, then only the Ops and Voices could speak, thus eliminating the problem?
    Proud member of MDS

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    tilen76's Avatar Poster
    I was just about to post this last night, but the topic got closed.

OK, let&#39;s collect our thoughts now:

- The #KLchat rooms used to be a place where a lot of people would have their problems solved and their questions answered. That was when only people from this board used to come to the chat room (and a occasional visitor). Those people knew about the board and knew that they can search for an answer here or even post their problem. It was still possible to chat at the same time.

- Since the link in Kazaalite, there are still people asking for help, but there&#39;s just too much of them at the same time and they ask questions, that are considered annoying (and answered million times) even on this board. It is very annoying and very hard to keep up with.

- We have set a topic for the #KLchat room, which people see when they join the room and reads like that:

&#39;If you have Kazaalite related problems, join this board: http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php , search for the answer or post a question there <--- The home of K++&#39;

- I have noticed a decrease of those &#39;stupid&#39; questions since then. (I&#39;m gueesing there has been a lot of visitors to the board since then too).

- It looks like we have managed to get rid of the majority of people asking those questions now.

- That still leaves us with lots of people trying to chat now. Not all of them will behave themselves. Those who don&#39;t need to be taken care of. That&#39;s why we STILL need people looking after the room. It is not a nice job, but someone has to do it. There&#39;s enough ops now, there&#39;s always at least one present at anytime.

- If the &#39;regulars&#39; move completely to their own room, that will leave the #Klchat without people controling it and I can guarantee you that the room would be a mess in less than a day, but I don&#39;t think it&#39;s our duty to look after a bunch of idiots spamming the room and fighting with each other.

My suggestion:
    Leave everything as it is, perhaps make some more people from the board an op (so there&#39;ll be more control) and the regulars (board members) move to their own room for chatting. But we need some sort of disclaimer explaining the situation and telling people who join how to behave and what to do there.
    But that would make the chatroom connected to the Kazaalite and not just to the board anymore. Therefore leaving us with the question, who&#39;s responsibility is the chatroom (looking after it).

Please feel free to comment.

(I may have left a lot of my thoughts out since last night when I couldn&#39;t post, so I&#39;ll add them later if I remember them.)

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    racer II's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey@20 April 2003 - 21:48
    that&#39;s no chatroom&#33;

Noone said anything&#33;
    Well if you see , i am trying to talk with "GummiElfe" about some p2p programs.
    But it really was impossible because "p2p515762" or better known as "killa_sin" was flooding the room with crap (as usual)

And tilen i agree with you
    The room was a nice place :&#39;(
    System:
    LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
    Xfx 7900gt extreme
    2x Maxtor 250gb sata
    2x Maxtor 80gb (p)ata
    2x 512mb mem , dual channel
    Tagan 580w psu
    Coolermaster stacker case
    Zalman reserator 1

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    I was wondering about what Jibbler said before this was closed, and apparently the kill_sin references deleted. Can people effectively be banned from both the chat and this forum without being able to re-join with their same IP?

That would be great if possible, at least for the forum. Then we could more easily control the atmosphere and not let things get out of control like some times in the past.
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    Ex-member
    Well if you see , i am trying to talk with "GummiElfe" about some p2p programs.
    But it really was impossible because "p2p515762" or better known as "killa_sin" was flooding the room with crap (as usual)&nbsp;
    Yeah, I see that now. Bit difficult for me to decipher (never liked chatrooms myself).

I&#39;ve got an idea; why don&#39;t we confiscate Killa_Sin&#39;s computer? It seems to me he does nothing but abuse it...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast