2x Maxtor 250gb sata
    2x Maxtor 80gb (p)ata
    2x 512mb mem , dual channel
    Tagan 580w psu
    Coolermaster stacker case
    Zalman reserator 1

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    Poster
    Well, indirectly because of this I no longer want to do the "mod" job, I don't want to ban or devoice someone only for someone else to overturn that action a couple of minutes later.

It makes me look like a (bigger) idiot and as if I have a personal problem with one individual.

All I can say is that 1 person is regularly spoiling the room for a lot of regular visitors who go there to chat and never cause any trouble.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    Ex-member
    Here's a better idea then, why don't we kill Killa_Sin?

We could use one of those guns he likes so much...

Never understood gun worship myself... They're nasty horrible things for making people dead

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey@21 April 2003 - 19:17
    Here's a better idea then, why don't we kill Killa_Sin?

We could use one of those guns he likes so much...

Never understood gun worship myself... They're nasty horrible things for making people dead
    He's never held a gun in his life, it's just the gangsta myth he likes to believe he is a part of.

He should be pitied really, he must be really lonely to go to the lengths that he does.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    Poster
    well I enjoy the time I have in the chat room but agree that lately it has become more and more difficult to have a conversation as idiots keep spamming/flooding it

I think that eventually it will sort itself out if the ops can keep on top of things.

My thoughts are to leave it as it is but have a clear set of rules for the room. That way if some idiot does something wrong they will be kicked.

I have learnt so much from the regulars and would hate to see them go elsewhere.

I do like the idea of a room, invite only, where us regulars can chat without the juveniles spoiling it.

I would like to thank all the ops for a great job and hope they can keep it up, you are appreciated by me.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Paul suggested to notice time and date, sent that along with the used IP nr to the ISP with an line about the abuse. They will filter it out and take away his account.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    well, I am a bona-fide n00b and when I came here, I found the ops and the regs to be not only friendly, but intelligent as well... that's a rarity these days. I promply became a reg and I haven't left the chat since I joined. However, I must agree with skweeky. Just yesterday we had a massive DoS attack that we had to call the IRCops in and have them help us. This is not the type of atmosphere we want. Questions are fine, that's what we're here for, and chatting is fine, that's the whole point of IRC. But people spamming, flooding, and calling everybody nasty things are not kosher.

I am a n00b. I am here to stay. I like this room and the people in it. I hope nothing has to change...

Hawk

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Chat is fine and it takes patience. The days of the 15 member chatroom are long gone and that is what happens when things get popular sometimes. The fact is a lot of people have never chated on irc and their first inclination is to treat chat like aol chat, but todays idiot n00b is tomorrows positive member.

Sure there has been a radical change but to be honest, from what I have seen? The ops bear as much responsibility.

Suddenly people were getting kicked for really nothing, and Topics such as "Don't even ask a/s/l or you will get banned" pop up, and for what? Chat got popular, we all need to deal with it. Since this thread is old maybe the issue got resolved, but after the hack attempt yesterday apparently not eh?

Basically somebody got pissed at chat, then flooded the server with hundreds of bots. It happens. Why I bring this up is cause there is the other thing to think about: with a popular room you will get people who may act like a lamer at first and actually be able to take down the whole server. Something to think about.

As much as I get shit for being so mean or whatever, I really do try to help in chat (that's why we are there) even when I was "under moderation". I use my limited spanish to help and I think that is the idea.

If people want a club chat atmosphere it can still be there, but the fact is things have changed, and for many people chat is their first link to the k-lite community, and I have seen other ops deride people for not using the board when these people may not ever KNOW there is a board.

I know I am going to hear lots of "but look at you" comments but keep in mind: I kicked ircops not n00bs en masse. Don't forget that. The people I screw with understand irc and I do not hostily go after n00bs in the manner that I think has started to happen in chat.

Oh well hopefully that little attack yesterday woke people up. Often a little PM can go a long way.

Another thing- rump (one of the ircops) is working on a helpbot program for us that will autoanswer commonly asked questions.

Just saying here I don't really agree with being negative about being an op when all people wanted was to get popular, and my take is hey, educate these people about irc, mirc, javachat, k-lite etc. and it only benefits us all.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    Poster
    I understand what SJ is saying, but I was away for a couple weeks and when I came back to the chat room it was completely different. I never like the idea of it being part of the k-lite program because you'll get anyone and everyone coming in and being less than positive. I liked it the way it was before because you had to become a member of the forum and hang out a bit before you really even knew about the chat room. By then you've filtered out most of the people who have nothing positive to offer or merely like to stir things up. Now anyone that's bored is just gong to pop in and behave like an ass. It's kinda sad, because if it stays like this I won't really be in there and I've met some great people in that room. Kinda missed everyone when I was gone, and was highly disappointed upon my return. Couldn't last forever I guess, but there were some real benefits to there only being a link in the forum.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    Poster
    Here here gumbydancin, thats one of the reasons why I don't go in there anymore. Maybe when (or if) things get better then i'll think about paying you guys a visit again! At the moment, i'm happier sticking to msn, yahoo and pm's through the board.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast