Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The Xbox 360 Is Quite Noice.

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    yeah, their rationale is: customers didn't use the dvd-resolution (480p) display that was available on GameCube, so why bother with high-def? but the thing is, Nintendo made it so difficult to access in the first place.

the component video cable was only available directly from Nintendo's online shop, only some games supported 480p (and only some of those supported widescreen) and the ones that didn't were unable to use the component cable at all. you'd have to fall back to the composite/svideo cable for non-480p games. then the system's menu didn't have a permanent 480p option, you just have to remember the correct button to press on the controller to activate 480p every time you boot the games.

then they finally removed the component video jack completely from the back of the GameCube's new models sometime in 2004, as a cost-cutting choice. and now they wonder why nobody used the 480p option. well gee, maybe if they'd publicized it and made it easy to use...

Nintendo's attitude toward enhanced & high-def is just baffling and eccentric.
    I wonder was a high-def option available on the Japanese GC.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Games   -   #52
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    No high def? They can suck a dick.
    Japs are smart, they may know what they're doing.

3. Games   -   #53
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    well since they are ahead of us in technology anyway, maybe they've simply upgraded their own system for w/e it is they have while the rest of us are years behind. i still dont have a Hi-Def tv, although i want one, now with xb360, everyone is raving how much better it looks. be nice to get the full expierence. of course i could always plug it up to the old monitor and be wowed heh.

btw: nice sig maebach, much better than the other one

4. Games   -   #54
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by ApacNTS
    well since they are ahead of us in technology anyway, maybe they've simply upgraded their own system for w/e it is they have while the rest of us are years behind. i still dont have a Hi-Def tv, although i want one, now with xb360, everyone is raving how much better it looks. be nice to get the full expierence. of course i could always plug it up to the old monitor and be wowed heh.

btw: nice sig maebach, much better than the other one
    thanks. I also want a hdtv. We have a high-def lcd projector, but games don't play well on it (NGC/Xbox). Our 2nd tv is 27' crt and is slowly dying (10+ years old). So my dad and I are looking for a hdtv, because everything from now on is going to be hd.

5. Games   -   #55
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Yea playing Xbox 360 on an LCD is just not the same as HDTV is. You can really notice some imperfections in the image and it looks bad at lower resolutions because of the stretched image. I spent $40 on the VGA cable and now I need money to buy an HDTV...

6. Games   -   #56
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I just played a demo of Fight Night Pound 3 on the 360 and it was fucking amazing!!

My friend dled it on Xbox Live.

Also I saw the trailer for Lost Planet and it looked like Final Fantasy Spirits Within mixed with Mechassault with a little GTA.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Games   -   #57
    The most badass 360 game is NFS: Most Wanted. Period.

8. Games   -   #58
    Damn Lost Planet sounds badass too.

9. Games   -   #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    If Perfect Dark is as good as the original and a decent chip is released in the future i suspect i'll buy it when it goes down in price.
    I don't understand why u will need to buy a chip for ur 360 if ur gonna buy it ne ways.

10. Games   -   #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I just played a demo of Fight Night Pound 3 on the 360 and it was fucking amazing!!

My friend dled it on Xbox Live.

Also I saw the trailer for Lost Planet and it looked like Final Fantasy Spirits Within mixed with Mechassault with a little GTA.
    Nice catch Downloading now.

@Gam3Guy - He means buy a 360 Get Madden noob.

Im like 32-17. About 6 of those were cause I was fucking around cause the Madden servers werent updating, so I figured it was keeping track
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast