Thread: Lost .zip password

Only in a Processor.
    Ok, I know this would be either stretching or breaking rule no. 10.
    ...Hacking/Cracking discussions are not allowed.
    . If it is breaking, I am sorry for this post, but stretching would be better for my circumstance. Ok, here is my problem. A long time ago, I password protected a few files in .zip archives. But I misplaced the password. I put it into a .txt file, but after I formated the hard drive, I forgot to back up that password. Is there any possible way to get this password back, other than guessing it? It was a password that a generator did, ex. 12fidi2223d, but I cannot remember how many digits, or numbers it had in it.

And again, I am sorry if this is breaking the rule, but I cannot find anyone else.

Thanks,
    Zach
    Only in a computer will I find happiness.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    It may be breaking the rule... Anyways the only possible way I can think of is brute forcing but if that code was mixed don't even bother.
    Systems Specs
    -----------------------------------
    O/S: Windows Xp Service Pack 2
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4
    Speed: 2.6 ghz
    Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 6800 128MB DDR SDRAM
    Ram: 1Gig of ram
    Comp Model: Hp Pavilion a250n
    -----------------------------------

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    kazaa2002's Avatar lost
    Quote Originally Posted by [P][RO][CE][SS][OR]
    Ok, I know this would be either stretching or breaking rule no. 10.
    ...Hacking/Cracking discussions are not allowed.
    . If it is breaking, I am sorry for this post, but stretching would be better for my circumstance. Ok, here is my problem. A long time ago, I password protected a few files in .zip archives. But I misplaced the password. I put it into a .txt file, but after I formated the hard drive, I forgot to back up that password. Is there any possible way to get this password back, other than guessing it? It was a password that a generator did, ex. 12fidi2223d, but I cannot remember how many digits, or numbers it had in it.

And again, I am sorry if this is breaking the rule, but I cannot find anyone else.

Thanks,
    Zach
    Hi Processor,
    no discussion....but may I suggest you visit these sites
    they may have what you seek.

ZIP Password Finder - OnlyTheBestFreeware.com - Your source for the web's best freeware

http://www.outpost9.com/files/crackers.html

All Net Tools - Library - Privacy Guide
    An Extensive List of Data and Password Recovery Freeware Part II

it is the small things that usually drive us mad

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    ex. 12fidi2223d
    If the password was that long then it could take a very very very long time to crack it... especially with a mix of numbers and letters

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Only in a Processor.
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    ex. 12fidi2223d
    If the password was that long then it could take a very very very long time to crack it... especially with a mix of numbers and letters
    I don't think it was quite that long, or complicated, but all I remember is that it was generated by a password generator. And thank you for the links to the programs kazaa2002.

Zach
    Only in a computer will I find happiness.