Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Soulseek Users Beware....

fucking riaa; I hope someone bombs their HQ

2. Music   -   #22
    i'd just like to add that you still have to be careful. PG is good, very useful, and reduces the risk by quite a bit, but it's not foolproof, so please don't think that you can throw caution to the wind.

Be careful folks, thats all i'm saying....

3. Music   -   #23
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yes, i downloaded a whole some songs off Soulseek that only played a voice saying... THIS MATERIAL IS PROPERTY OF UNIVERSAL RECORDING STUDIOS. annyoin eh.

I only purchase albums for my very favorite artists. (ya know, so they dont stop playin hehe)

4. Music   -   #24
    Luca_Snipes's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@23 April 2003 - 01:11
    I only purchase albums for my very favorite artists. (ya know, so they dont stop playin hehe)
    if i like an album i'll buy it (assuming it's available over here), what the RIAA, MPAA etc need to realise is that if they droped their prices, did a single internatonal release date etc etc, they would cut priacy by a bit, and in europe it's all about the fact that the US gets it all first, in the UK more than elsewhere - the prices are all fixed, far above the actual cost etc

I've said it before, and I'll say it agian, the US film and music industry needs to wake up and realise that the US is no longer isolated, we are now a global society, and need to be treated as such

and back on topic, been hit several times today, both PG and my firewall setups are working hard

5. Music   -   #25
    Poster
    Thats very true Luca,we always seem to pay over the odds for goods here compared to our American friends.

I am downloading music that i just wouldn't bu normally,am using soulseek to broaden my musical horizons.

I do still buy albums,but tend to get them from my local record shop then one of the big ones....HMV,Virgin,wouldn't shop there if you paid me.

Soulseek is back up now!!

6. Music   -   #26
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by N£MO+22 April 2003 - 08:02--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (N£MO @ 22 April 2003 - 08:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--nahan@22 April 2003 - 07:51
    zone alarm does the same thing, your almost undetectible.
    Besides there is too many easy targets out there for them to come and shut me down.
    Zone Alarm does not do the same thing as PG,try reading up on a subject before you post in it.

There are too many easy targets out there and you are one of them,same as anyone else using k-lite.The anti piracy groups have been targeting k-lite for a long time now and i get far more connections closed in k-lite then i have ever had on soulseek.

Had 6 more RIAA attempts blocked during the night,that i woke up to this morning.

They keep on knocking but they can&#39;t get in&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Hi N£MO - in one respect you are correct about ZA "does not do the same thing as PG" - but only in the fact you have to configure it manually. In other words, it does have the same effect - its just not as easy. Any IP ranges you put into the "blocked" zone will in effect be blocked and a log record is created for you to look at. IMHO ZA, whilst not being the most user friendly of firewalls, still is one of the best out there. But having said that, IMHO PG is probably one of the most user friendly ones

Ive been using ZA Pro for well over a year and have had no problems with it (so far).

Peace
    UKMan

PS - if SS is up and running again - i would like to start placing bets as to when it goes down again - the bidding starts at &#036;5 - 24 hrs, &#036;10 - 48 hrs

7. Music   -   #27
    BANNED
    thanks nemo for the links but the the hell is this all about i dont quite understand it is it to do with blocking iPS like a firewall is that what it is i just dont know what this means

8. Music   -   #28
    Poster
    hmm, can they destroy soulseek? my soulseek isnt working anymore :&#39;( , but it stopped working before this warning. soulseek site seems down (the download section) so I am waiting for guitar-slinger to send soulseek trough MSN , I am going to download PG right now, tnx for tip memo, and I will be back

9. Music   -   #29
    For anybody who is worryed about SoulSeek being down it has nothing to do with the RIAA.I do thank Nemo for pointing this out to people with the IPs and all the other help he has given to people who use SoulSeek.....TY my freind.

Please follow the link below for more info.....

Info On The Status Of SoulSeek

10. Music   -   #30
    Kokanee's Avatar The beer out here!
    PS - if SS is up and running again - i would like to start placing bets as to when it goes down again - the bidding starts at &#036;5 - 24 hrs, &#036;10 - 48 hrs
    I&#39;ll put &#036;1000 on 30 minutes

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast