Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LCD TV or Widescreen Monitor

silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Are you going to be gaming a lot with this pc?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Lick My Lovepump
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cat

I only looked at a couple of Plasmas, and they had 640x480 PC compatibility. It doesn't seem right to me, but I'd prefer an LCD to a plasma anyway. Plasmas can't be put on their sides, they're bastards if you want to do anything at all inside of them, they look clunkier than LCDs.... I don't trust them, I think LCD will win out as the better technology eventually too.

Edited for tenses (have to had, didn't read much into them).
    EDIT2: http://www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/p...-ppm50h3q.html
    VGA, SVGA, XGA, it says, meaning 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768. Thats no good. I'm guessing it'll be scaled up to 16:9 too, which will look nasty.
    I don't understand you. The link you posted shows a Native Resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels but you keep referring to lower values.
    It probably would work at 1366, yeah, but then I don't see why it only talks about VGA, SVGA, XGA. If it were the fullscreen, it should show WXGA or something similar, I think. Look at
    Data Signals
    It confuses me.
    VGA, SVGA, XGA

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Go with the Dell dude. Unless you were getting an LCD HDTV, don't bother.

I've played Xbox 360 games on my friend's 55" HDTV and it is gorgeous.

I have my dash on my modded Xbox in 1080i HD and it too is gorgeous....the games only play in 480p, however, so I don't get the full benefit.

Computer games would be another story but I imagine you'd need an HD card.
    Last edited by Busyman; 12-21-2005 at 03:11 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Lick My Lovepump
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Go with the Dell dude. Unless you were getting an LCD HDTV, don't bother.

I've played Xbox 360 games on my friend's 55" HDTV and it is gorgeous.

I have my dash on my modded Xbox in 1080i HD and it too is gorgeous....the games only play in 480p, however, so I don't get the full benefit.

Computer games would be another story but I imagine you'd need an HD card.
    It'd be a 720p/1080i HDTV LCD that I'd get. The 1080p HDTVs would probably be a great idea, but they're only few, and very very expensive.
    I will be doing a fair bit of gaming. Why would I need a HDTV card? My graphics cards maximum display is about 2048x1536 I think. I heard things about ATI's AVIVO, but didn't think it would matter.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    I only asked if u gamed a lot because with higher resolution grafics come higher gfx cards needed to display the game at resonable framerates and scaling the resolution down doesn't look too good. Although I heard something about how Dell monitors scale images down correctly somehow...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    dude, get the widescreen LCD TV i do not regret getting this tv at all, it kicks dell's ass and then some, right now im running at a resolution of (btw the TV has VGA input) 1360x768, and honestly it's an awesome resolution. I've played doom3, hl2, and a lot of things on it so far, and the resolution kicks ass, and yes I have tried it on a widescreen monitor (not dell) and 1900 resolution just isnt as great as compared to a huge widescreen TV w/ the lower res. u can't even freakin tell the diff.

edit: and yes, if you're going to buy an LCD TV, make sure it's HDTV out of the box, mine has 480i/480p/720p/1080i and yes 1080p , and it only cost me 890 bucks (go futureshop! w00t lol)
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 12-21-2005 at 10:27 PM.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Noice Azad!!!! What is ur screen size????

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    heh, 890 isnt bad at all. got my attention hehe. i always noticed how i could see the individual pixels in my tv. it's 25inch, but as soon as i got it i saw em. now that i shifted my room it only got worse cause im right smack in front of it. blah, all this new stuff looks so nice it's like 3 things have jumped on my list for the new year: computer, xbox 360, hdtv/lcd(may have to double for computer to haha)

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ApacNTS
    heh, 890 isnt bad at all. got my attention hehe. i always noticed how i could see the individual pixels in my tv. it's 25inch, but as soon as i got it i saw em. now that i shifted my room it only got worse cause im right smack in front of it. blah, all this new stuff looks so nice it's like 3 things have jumped on my list for the new year: computer, xbox 360, hdtv/lcd(may have to double for computer to haha)
    I just found out that the 360 does not upconvert DVDs to near-HD quality.

That just sucks.

My HDTV LCD, DLP, or plasma but it's 65" and has an excellent picture. My friend's 55" LCD looks pixelated and it's a Sony Grand Wega...I don't understand it.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    dont plan to watch dvd's on it, just play games with the 360 that is. are you saying it does that for the games as well?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast