Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Vice City Requiements

I had I 32mb video card and GTA3 did'nt even rum on my PC and my specs were
    P4 1.6
    512mb
    TNT2 M60 Pro 32mb

Now I got a Geforce 4 128mb and running smooth sweetness B)

2. Games   -   #32
    you sure i got a p4 1.4 ghz and 256 mb ram and 32 mb vid card and gta 3 runs fine on my comp.

3. Games   -   #33
    Poster
    Playing Vice City with 32MB video card isn't the issue. Playing it smoothly is The only way you "might" get smooth play with a lower-end card is to strip all the settings (like suggested earlier, with "trails dissable"). But if you do that, wouldn't it be like playing GTA3 (but with different missions)? Why not take the money you would've spent buying Vice City into a "new vid-card fund", and wait for VC to come out on kazaa? If the "recommended specs" call for a 64[+]MB vid-card, it wont be long until games recommend a 128MB card for....standard play ...so why wait?

4. Games   -   #34
    Poster
    I have a 32mb tnt2 and gta3 ran great! Without trails and every thing on high!

5. Games   -   #35
    Poster
    I played GTA3 with a 32meg'r with "little to no" jerkiness, but this is Vice City we're talking about here.

(Taken from "MAIN>FEATURES" of the Vice City site)

"Optimized Graphics"
    Pushed to the limit to take advantage of the latest PC hardware. With massive viewable distances, texture resolutions bumped up from 32-colours to 32-bit colours with billions of shades and games resolutions to scale as high as your monitor can support.

If one has to turn all the extras off just to get a game to run...smoothly, maybe getting a newer vid-card would the wisest piece of advice ever given... B)

6. Games   -   #36
    Poster
    I think I'll be able to run it!

7. Games   -   #37
    see i really really really like vice city so i have to get it and they got this cool map of the city and the guide looks so cool.

8. Games   -   #38
    Poster
    I duno if I'll be able to buy it since I just sneak bought halo yesterday! But I'll try!

9. Games   -   #39
    wat do u mean sneak bought?

10. Games   -   #40
    I Have a Ps2 and it seems to run fine on that (HAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHahahahah) if you like gta games buy a ps2 man their far better on it, and yes it is worth it just for those games

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast