Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An Ultimate PC-Gaming Tweak

I see... well I never really had ram problems and i am not in the mood to disconnect and reconnect every time i wanna play a game therefore i'll just pass..

If anyone doesn't really bother with that, well, thats your risk!

2. Games   -   #12
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    well hl2 wont run if this thing is on (or does its thing, w/e). make sure u disconnect urself from the net if u plan on using this, cuz it disables everything including AV and Anti-Spyware+firewalls, so ya. But it doesnt matter to me cuz hl2+steam gave me an error, and yes, those 2 programs were on the "safe" list.
    you have to check "program is unsafe". That way, SmartClose wont close em.

I use SmartClose everytime I want to play Halflife 2. Works much better, because it always frees up 200-300mb of my memory being used by background apps. When I'm done, I just restore all the open apps and everything is back to normal.
    Last edited by Wolfmight; 12-26-2005 at 06:16 PM.

3. Games   -   #13
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmight
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    well hl2 wont run if this thing is on (or does its thing, w/e). make sure u disconnect urself from the net if u plan on using this, cuz it disables everything including AV and Anti-Spyware+firewalls, so ya. But it doesnt matter to me cuz hl2+steam gave me an error, and yes, those 2 programs were on the "safe" list.
    you have to check "program is unsafe". That way, SmartClose wont close em.

I use SmartClose everytime I want to play Halflife 2. Works much better, because it always frees up 200-300mb of my memory being used by background apps. When I'm done, I just restore all the open apps and everything is back to normal.
    program is unsafe? ok ill give it a try (i thought u'd make it "safe", but ill give it a try), also do u need to do it for only steam AND hl2 (or just hl2) or do u need to do it for some other prog.?

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

4. Games   -   #14
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Does it close all of the svhosts and vital windows processes?

5. Games   -   #15
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    no

6. Games   -   #16
    @Wolfmight wow. how many proccesses do you have running?
    and when the prog takes a system snapshot, does that mean that when it restores everything, everything is the way it was before? Like if you had photoshop open, everything will open up the way it was before? Or would it just open up photoshop?

7. Games   -   #17
    this sounds interesting ill keep it in mind once i get a new comp

8. Games   -   #18
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    I have my desktop running with 13 mendatory windows process all the time. System is blazing fast and stable @ 13 processes. I'll post a screeny later.

I doubt SmartClose can shut down svhost processes and other vital exes like smss.exe or system.exe, with that said, it's pretty much useless because you can shut down non-essential processes with task manager
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

9. Games   -   #19
    sounds good

10. Games   -   #20
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedler
    I have my desktop running with 13 mendatory windows process all the time. System is blazing fast and stable @ 13 processes. I'll post a screeny later.

I doubt SmartClose can shut down svhost processes and other vital exes like smss.exe or system.exe, with that said, it's pretty much useless because you can shut down non-essential processes with task manager
    It's a lot harder to open them back up that way tho.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast