Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast

Thread: Downloading The Fast Way

BANNED
    with 56k yes you are around your max

2. File Sharing   -   #132
    h1
    Originally posted by Razzorbott@11 April 2004 - 09:49
    I remember downloading a file at 10kbs once, is their any reason for this or just lucky? Normaly its about 4kbs sometimes 5-6 so im at my max
    It was probably because your modem support V.92, meaning it will compress files that can be, to make them smaller. This will falsely report your speed though.

For example, download this bigass bitmap file, even though it's over 1500KB, it'll download fast because of V.92. Just forget about what's in the image, just download it.

It could be GZip also but you don't need to worry about that.

3. File Sharing   -   #133
    Poster
    Originally posted by haxor41789+12 April 2004 - 03:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (haxor41789 @ 12 April 2004 - 03:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Razzorbott@11 April 2004 - 09:49
    I remember downloading a file at 10kbs once, is their any reason for this or just lucky?&nbsp; Normaly its about 4kbs sometimes 5-6 so im at my max
    It was probably because your modem support V.92, meaning it will compress files that can be, to make them smaller. This will falsely report your speed though.

For example, download this bigass bitmap file, even though it&#39;s over 1500KB, it&#39;ll download fast because of V.92. Just forget about what&#39;s in the image, just download it.

It could be GZip also but you don&#39;t need to worry about that. [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s worth noting that on adsl you won&#39;t see any increased speed though (or is it?)
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

4. File Sharing   -   #134
    monnita
    As a new KL user I share all my programs but seem to be on "More Sources needed" or "remotly quede" all the time whilsts my uploads are continually being utilised without a break. Can someone be kind enough to help with suggestions on how I can actually get a connection and download something without being on hold continually. many thanks

5. File Sharing   -   #135
    Poster
    i tried it and it made no difference&#33;&#33;&#33; still going about 20kbs...any other ways of speeding it up?

6. File Sharing   -   #136
    BANNED
    people remember:

your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon&#39;t be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps , and if you have a router you need to getkanat

now other then finding more sources for your file there realy is no way to speed up your download.

also make sure you are not downloading too many files at once and make sure your download/upload is the configed correctly

7. File Sharing   -   #137
    I have a problem with downloading high speed files, I have high speed cable with a router. when I download anything above 700-800 bandwidth the files corrupt, I get a couple notes of a song and then it sounds like a high screeching noise.
    Any causes or fixes for this??

Thanx.

8. File Sharing   -   #138
    BANNED
    those are facke files download klt k++ it has the new mp3shield that can help you with corrupt mp3s.

just hit my sig

9. File Sharing   -   #139
    Thanx Muscleman, I got the new KLT it&#39;s got so many improvements&#33; Just one question, the MP3 blocker only looks at already downloaded files? I&#39;m still wondering if I can download higher speed files?

Piccihume, a dog and his boy

10. File Sharing   -   #140
    BANNED
    well first remember that as far as download speeds go:

your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon&#39;t be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps , and if you have a router you need to get kanat.

the mp3shied from what i understand is going to scan your already downloaded files and the ones being download, but don&#39;t hold me to that i could be wrong.

for more info on that just go to the web of klt k++ and hit the link for mp3shield on that page, it will take you to thier site and you can find out more about it

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast