Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When will video games look as good as real life?

silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmight

I suppose someday videogames might look nearly as good as real life video, but they still won't have smell or feeling. (Maybe some ghetto half-ass versions of those sensations...but they'll probably be terrible...especially "smell". Why would anyone want smell anyways?
    All we have today is vibration...and most guys put the controller in their lap to "enjoy the ride".
    I hear that there's arleady a prototype thing where it puts out the basic scents and u can smell it but idk if it times it right when its happening on screen, ect.

2. Games   -   #12
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    85% wtf is that?

3. Games   -   #13
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    Video games as good as real life? That would be interesting.. but i doubt it cause real life has true depth perception. And when u look far away, close things have to be out of focus (and vice versa). It would be tricky to do that with gaming. Also, gaming is on a 2D screen. If TVs become 3D, that would be teh c00l.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

4. Games   -   #14
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    85% wtf is that?
    There does seem to be a lot of percentages just being made up on the spot. I reckon this "85%" thing only has a 20% of actually happening.

I can't wait until I can play the Fifa games or NBA games and it feels just like I'm playing soccer or basketball, like total immersion so it seems like I'm outside playing with other people. Gosh, if only they had something like that now...

5. Games   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    85% wtf is that?
    There does seem to be a lot of percentages just being made up on the spot. I reckon this "85%" thing only has a 20% of actually happening.

I can't wait until I can play the Fifa games or NBA games and it feels just like I'm playing soccer or basketball, like total immersion so it seems like I'm outside playing with other people. Gosh, if only they had something like that now...
    Or u could just go outside and play the game... sports games suck and there's no point in them unless u are a fat lazy fuck and are too lazy to play the real game.

6. Games   -   #16
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gam3Guy

Or u could just go outside and play the game... sports games suck and there's no point in them unless u are a fat lazy fuck and are too lazy to play the real game.
    Yeah, and war games are for people who are too scared to join the army.

7. Games   -   #17
    Yeah, and war games are for people who are too scared to join the army.
    Good one but I've still got 2 years till I can actually join the army which I was actually thinking about...

8. Games   -   #18

I consider myself pretty athletic and still love to play sports games o.O

As for realism... anyone check out the Fight Night 3 demo... seams pretty real to be

EDIT: Gam3guy - get msn loser... my pc doesnt like aim for some reason.
    Last edited by SingaBoiy; 01-12-2006 at 03:01 AM.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

9. Games   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by SingaBoiy
    I consider myself pretty athletic and still love to play sports games o.O

As for realism... anyone check out the Fight Night 3 demo... seams pretty real to be
    I guess I was leaning more towards the virtual part where it would be very realistic but when it gets that realistic u may as well play the real game. See what I mean?

10. Games   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by SingaBoiy
    yep.

from the latest EGM:

"We've played Round 3 and, yes, it actually looks like these screenshots."

maybe real life looking graphics in at least 50 years or less..????!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast