Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Msn Messenger

No 1. Weemouse your not funny(just had to get that out the way)
    2. I just wanted a general answer not some stupid wisecrack
    3. Please read my original message and add me

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Originally posted by olibomb@23 April 2003 - 18:02
    No 1. Weemouse your not funny(just had to get that out the way)
    2. I just wanted a general answer not some stupid wisecrack
    3. Please read my original message and add me
    Why would she want to after reading that ?

3. Lounge   -   #33
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky

Woah - hide from the flames!!!! /mouse finds fire extinguisher

it was a general answer - I was j mentioning the fact that I have replied to your message...and am now pointing out the fact that I can't add you cos I don't have messenger!

You gots to chill, man!

:beerchug:

4. Lounge   -   #34
    OK!

5. Lounge   -   #35

Yay for olibomb!

Peace man!

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Did u know im the youngest person in this forum?

7. Lounge   -   #37
    B) ooh you must be..what...13 or so then?

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by Jay 2 Good@22 April 2003 - 23:26
    You “assume” but do not know that is where the virus came from. I have had the Internet and MSN for a few years now and the only virus I ever got was from you, so for me MSN is fine. You have kazaa and at the end of the day who is to say that you are not downloading a virus when you think you are downloading the next Bon Jovi song. Is it not safer and more secure talking to people you know and trust i.e. Kiran and I than it is from taking a file from some geek in Fiji who is plotting the next super virus. Even though you and Liam gave me a virus I still allow the both of you to send me e-mails and still allow you on my computer, viruses happen, yet I do not know no-one who got a virus from MSN messenger. I know 4 people that got a virus from Kazaa.

Also Liam refuse point black to fix her computer again if you want but it will be you that your are hindering just as much as Stacy, after all you will also lose Kazaa and the internet as well.
    Hmm... Looks like Jay2Good is on his period again...

Some clarification, people:

Jay2Good is a personal acquaintance of WeeMouse and me. He apparently was in a bad mood and decided to make a public fool of himself rather than use the PM system.

You “assume” but do not know that is where the virus came from.
    Yes I do. The reason is to do with the way that incoming data is handled.
    KaZaA, E-Mail programs, etc. all handle incoming data by means of writing files. Norton Antivirus automatically scans incoming files as they are written to the hard drive, thus ensuring that there is no risk of infection. This is especially true of emails, as NAV has an entire subsystem devoted to it.
    MSN Messenger is different; it does not allow the virus-checker to scan incoming data. It also contains a number of well-documented security flaws - just Google for them and you will see.

The other reason I know that it came from MSN is that I know when the infection occured. It happened during a single afternoon, when the lone user of the computer was WeeMouse's computer-illiterate sister. What was she using? MSN. What was she doing? Flaming and spamming (to a similar degree to Killa_Sin) - an open invitation to hackers and the like (just look at the recent reaction to Killa_Sin's spamming of this board - IPs were made public...).

Ladies and Gentlemen, you may consider this case closed - it was actually closed months ago but Jay2Good refuses to accept that he is out of his depth and that there is a small possibility I may be right.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    thought i'd bring this out....again

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Poster
    Why?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast