Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Control The Download Kb/s For Kazaa Easily!

the reason I want to limit is, wen using kazaa sometimes it takes up all the bandwidth and browsing becomes very slow! also i use ftp etc so since kazaa takes all the bandwidth it slows the ftp download down...this way when kazaa finds more sources for download it wont go over the limit...

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    But you can limit your upload bandwith using the advanced options or the configuration tool.

Why use this tool for kazaa?

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    MaxAndig
    @be_man31

You got me wrong.

The problem is not limiting the uploads only.

The downloads must be limited too. Otherwise you cannot limit/control/manage your bandwith. Technically speaking: In TCP the downloads depend on the upload bandwith aswell.

You will not get fast uploads if you limit (e. g. unwillingly) the speed of your ACK packets. You will see this effect in practice yourself as soon as you are receiving a high quality audio or video stream and at the same time Kazaa tries to "steal" and graps most of your bandwidth - as you get some more users you are downloading from.

Kazaa does not allow limiting of your download bandwidth.

Hope that clears things up and shows why professional bandwith limiting is a must.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    hi ,

if you have win xp don't use this program !!!

it will kill your internet connection .

to fix that - you will need to make new setup of windows xp.

bye

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    AS I am on 56k, I'm not going to even think about trying such a program

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Poster
    Have uninstalled this as no use to me anymore.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    its still working great for me 4 days now.....and ive tried dloading a tv ep from bittorrent with it as well and for once i am able to get it in under 6 days cause ive restricted the upload speed to 2k so looks like ill have the file in under 40hrs ..with netlimiter bittorrent looks like a better program than kazaa for brand new files but kazaa still works best for older files..
    oh all on 56k too...cant think of a better tip to date...good job

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Ex-member
    Limiting your download bandwidth leaves some bandwidth for surfing the 'net and checking email, etc.

Ever noticed that the board's kinda slow with KaZaA up?

If you only allow KaZaA to use 80% of your bandwidth, your downloads aren't affected too much but surfing becomes a lot faster.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    8 days still working perfect......and ive convinced 2 xp users to try it and 1 had problems with the previous version but with 91b3 it seems to have fixed the problems he had..the other xp user has found no problems yet either..god dam its good..

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Limiting your bandwidth is a great idea. It is how emule does it, rather than slot notation. Rather than have 10 slots get filled by 56kers, i can say i want to use 100 KB/s. So now i can open up all the slots, not have to worry about my computer slowing down, and everyone is happy. Its the way to go. Its the main reason i don't stay on kazaa and prefer emule. I can share more this way.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast