Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: why all the hate?

GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    a sampler? does that mean he listens to a sound then says it over and over again

2. Music   -   #62
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    a sampler? does that mean he listens to a sound then says it over and over again
    yes and no. I usually refer to him as a DJ, but ya Formula1 is right, Craig is a sampler. He does most of the intros to the songs, and adds in the effects that just wouldnt make slipknot what it is. Perfect example is Prelude 3.0 from their last album.

edit: he also controls the effects for BOTH guitars, if u ever watched a concert for slipknot, u'll notice that the guitarists dont have foot controllers/pedals, Craig takes care of all the effects (example: Wah-effect, certain vibrato effects, distortion, etc.)
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 02-15-2006 at 11:57 PM.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

3. Music   -   #63
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    yes and no. I usually refer to him as a DJ, but ya Formula1 is right, Craig is a sampler. He does most of the intros to the songs, and adds in the effects that just wouldnt make slipknot what it is. Perfect example is Prelude 3.0 from their last album.

edit: he also controls the effects for BOTH guitars, if u ever watched a concert for slipknot, u'll notice that the guitarists dont have foot controllers/pedals, Craig takes care of all the effects (example: Wah-effect, certain vibrato effects, distortion, etc.)
    oh right, i got confused. i was thinking of the hardware. yeah, i suppose sampler is the best way to describe his job

4. Music   -   #64
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad

They call that a sampler?

He sounds like the "effects guy".
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Music   -   #65
    why is Slipknot mentioned like every couple of days in the music forum anyway. is azad like the Chicago Bears Superfan... of Slipknot???

6. Music   -   #66
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    why is Slipknot mentioned like every couple of days in the music forum anyway. is azad like the Chicago Bears Superfan... of Slipknot???
    Spoiler: Show

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567