Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Halo 2 PC: Vista only

ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Are the system reqs for vista out?

I hear they're supposedly pretty steep, in which case I won't gimp my system... I agree, the future of games on the XP is what's interesting.
    Last edited by ahctlucabbuS; 02-10-2006 at 04:56 PM.

2. Games   -   #12
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    I think this is because of 64bit processing. If halo2 port is a as bad as halo1 to the pc, then forget. halo1 lagged like hell, and you really needed a system way beyond the system requirements to run it smoothly. If halo2 on the pc has vamped up graphics (better than xbox's) then i think it may do well. otherwise M$ has their heads way up their asses too far..

3. Games   -   #13
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6143976.html

here too

microsoft u bastards, trying to promote windows vista

there will definitely be a patch or something to fool halo 2 and make it think you're running vista

i ain't touching vista till they released a bunch of fixes for all the bugs it'll ship with

4. Games   -   #14
    Poster
    I know , the first month will have Vista Plauged With Problems and Exploits. But hey its not liek hardware where it wont work and youll have to get a new one , ill buy vista when it comes out and upgrade my pc fully , and see what happens , but im defintly not buying halo 2 , waste of money

5. Games   -   #15
    yes i dont really care because ive played it enough on xbox.

6. Games   -   #16
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    i want 2 get Vista bcuz it will b pretty. omg Aero Glass GUI!1!!one rquires AGP 8X or PCI Express time 2 upgrade my muthabord i only hav AGP 4X ghey
    ^This is a very, very good post.

And for the record, I'm feeling less and less inclined to get vista with every announcement made about it.

7. Games   -   #17
    well. if getting Vista to work (or work well) does require all of these hardware upgrades that i'm in no hurry to make, i reckon that i will continue to use XP for some time. and as mentioned, there will prolly be a few serious problems early on, so i don't mind standing back & letting others take the brunt of it first.

i'm sure Vista will have some better things than XP has. it will be more visually appealing, and most likely will have improvements to the default methods of accessing & sorting the user's files and preferences and such. with the odd exception of Windows ME, nearly every Windows "household" edition has been noticeably improved over the previous one especially where it matters: being easier & more enjoyable to use. 3.1 and 95 were both piles of frustratingly disorganized garbage compared to 98, and 98/ME (while decent... when they weren't crashing, about to crash, or recovering from a crash) were little more than BSOD dispensers compared to XP.

so yeah. Aero sounds fairly inconsequential. but my guess is that the best improvements in Vista (whatever they turn out to be) will be things that haven't been promoted much, because they're not the sort of thing that's suited to the hyperbole of computer hobby magazines, or because they're too difficult to describe & must be experienced.

8. Games   -   #18
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    lol halo 2 is shit anyways, no one cares, the game's like 3 years old.

I'll just stick with ut2007 and fuck halo 2.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

9. Games   -   #19
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails
    Quote Originally Posted by twisterX
    they would crack halo 2 and vista anyways.
    exactly. i'll just dl it and play it on my winxp... u'll see.
    Agreed. That'll probably happen.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

10. Games   -   #20
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    well. if getting Vista to work (or work well) does require all of these hardware upgrades that i'm in no hurry to make, i reckon that i will continue to use XP for some time. and as mentioned, there will prolly be a few serious problems early on, so i don't mind standing back & letting others take the brunt of it first.

i'm sure Vista will have some better things than XP has. it will be more visually appealing, and most likely will have improvements to the default methods of accessing & sorting the user's files and preferences and such. with the odd exception of Windows ME, nearly every Windows "household" edition has been noticeably improved over the previous one especially where it matters: being easier & more enjoyable to use. 3.1 and 95 were both piles of frustratingly disorganized garbage compared to 98, and 98/ME (while decent... when they weren't crashing, about to crash, or recovering from a crash) were little more than BSOD dispensers compared to XP.

so yeah. Aero sounds fairly inconsequential. but my guess is that the best improvements in Vista (whatever they turn out to be) will be things that haven't been promoted much, because they're not the sort of thing that's suited to the hyperbole of computer hobby magazines, or because they're too difficult to describe & must be experienced.
    Yeah, well, I really did think yours was a brilliant post

And myself, I'm not even that keen on xp. My all time favourite OS is still win2kpro (too bad there's no 64-bit version ). Now, what I want is the win2kpro to vista's xp, ie something that has all or most of the useful features in vista, and less of the useless bling.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast