Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cd Buying

Benno's Avatar Poster
    I always buy CDs when I can afford it.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

2. Music   -   #22
    If you can afford it and get hold of it I would recommend buying music on VINYL. It's the best format, so damn tactile and they last better than CD's with the proper care. Plus the record companies hate to produce it as it costs loads to produce the artwork,etc.

VINYL RULES!!!
    Signature removed

3. Music   -   #23
    Luca_Snipes's Avatar Poster
    I agree Vinyl is the best, but I'm just lazy, and a CD is easier to use, rip etc.

And new a stylus for a decent deck is just too much!

CD's just sound flat at the top end (they have a cap at 20khz), but with vinyl able to go into dog whistle area (vinyl has been know to get to ~50khz), you just don't lose that crispness on cymbals etc

and Cd's and kick drums don't seem to get on all that well either - they thud damnit! (or is that just the junky PC speakers i'm forced to use at the moment :'( )

4. Music   -   #24
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Luca_Snipes@23 April 2003 - 17:12
    Cd's and kick drums don't seem to get on all that well either - they thud damnit! (or is that just the junky PC speakers i'm forced to use at the moment :'( )
    Nope it's not your speakers.. it's a fact!
    I loved to read your reply btw! Great post and Oh so true!

But if you use old speakers like i do (motional Feedback MFB from Philips) you can still hear (well feel) that Khz.
    And if you rip the vinyls yourself it sounds great! It's just how you rip it!

Yesterday i made a Massada LIVE rip. And burned it to a cd after that. The sound was great, bass was very low... untill the door bell rings "Tring!" (at 24:30) it was my neighbour, asking to lower the bass volume I didn't even notice it was that hard! Well it wasn't, it was just so low that you can't hear it but only feel it!

5. Music   -   #25
    Luca_Snipes's Avatar Poster
    hehe - all this talk is making me want my hi-fi back - it's nothing special, KEF Cestra 2's for the speakers and the same price range of amp / cd (ok i admit - they're Kenwoods ;P, but nice Marantz tape deck, and some one nicked my turntable - git).

clear bass, and treble - arghh - PC speakers suck!

6. Music   -   #26
    Poster
    I must admit, I am guilty of buying CD`s, especially if they`re for the kids.They like to have the cover to look at ``n` the booklet to read.
    cheers,
    Bass.

7. Music   -   #27
    You believe or not Bass I agree wit u. I'd much rather have an orinal cd with a phat label then look at a Silver CD with a green bottom. Just the bottom alone of copied cd's get on my nerves because they do scratch a lot easier (the cd coating is different). But hey man most cd's just have one hit wonders and aren't really worth buying

8. Music   -   #28
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by Luca_Snipes@23 April 2003 - 11:12
    I agree Vinyl is the best, but I'm just lazy, and a CD is easier to use, rip etc.
    There really is no comparison with Vinyl to CD. Even if vinyl were the best format, they still aren't portable. A record player in a car sure would be a funny site.
    Proud member of MDS

9. Music   -   #29
    Poster
    OK if you like scratch I suppose!!!
    cheers,
    Bass

10. Music   -   #30
    Poster
    I'll usually look Kazaa for a few of this song tracks, then I'll do some evaluation . If this 2-3 tracks appeal to me, I'll prolly go for the CD. And I do enjoy looking through the booklets that come with it too . 16.99 pounds, man I use to pay only 18-19 SG dollars I tink equivalent to 9-10 pounds for brand new albums. I remember buying my LOTR OST for only 18.99 singapore dollars. Hmmm...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast