Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P Razorback

SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Europe seems to be catching up with the U.S in terms of legal action taken against filesharers

Razorback is a pretty big name too and it'll be interesting to see if any more servers are taken offline.

It is easy to fall back on the common belief that another server will pop up or someone else will step into the gap left and provide the same service. Ultimately there must be a tipping point though and the situation does seem to be getting worse for P2P networks in general.

They're not going to disappear overnight but with a systematic attack on both file sources and filesharing services (combined with say a flooding of networks with fake files and aggressive action against file sharers to scare off the average user) pressure could be put upon them.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Could never connect to it anyway.
    R.I.P Razorback2 2006

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SeK612
    Europe seems to be catching up with the U.S in terms of legal action taken against filesharers

Razorback is a pretty big name too and it'll be interesting to see if any more servers are taken offline.

It is easy to fall back on the common belief that another server will pop up or someone else will step into the gap left and provide the same service. Ultimately there must be a tipping point though and the situation does seem to be getting worse for P2P networks in general.

They're not going to disappear overnight but with a systematic attack on both file sources and filesharing services (combined with say a flooding of networks with fake files and aggressive action against file sharers to scare off the average user) pressure could be put upon them.
    This is a catch-22. While I understand the reason the MPAA and RIAA want to shut-down P2P networks, what the hell is the illegality for having an index of files if it's not the file itself...or was that the same as Napster?
    Last edited by Busyman; 02-23-2006 at 08:04 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    kazaaman's Avatar Proud Indian
    Sad news indeed. Whats a good server to switch to? Maybe edonkey server no:1 as mech_f supposed?

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    most people will find themselves unaffected because emule (and edonkey i would assume) would connect to another server. So the population shouldnt change too much. And if they are using KAD, all the better. The only thing that sucks now is people are now split up on different servers. Before you had RB2 holding like a million people so all the files were indexed together. Now everyone is more spread out.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    leungsw's Avatar Member
    But it is so sad to me. I connected to Razorback2 since August 2003. It often provided excellent file searching.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    there goes emule.

next they'll try to kill bitorrent

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by abu_has_the_power
    there goes emule.

next they'll try to kill bitorrent

Already starting to ?

"The Motion Picture Association of America said Thursday that it sued a new round of popular Web sites associated with movie piracy, including several that serve as search engines but do not distribute files themselves."

http://news.zdnet.com/MPAA+sues+BitT...&subj=technews
    Last edited by peat moss; 02-24-2006 at 03:21 AM.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    Yeah, they sued NZB sites (newsgroups), bit torrent sites and eDonkey servers. Read: http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=1106
    blah blah blah... whatever...

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Poster
    yeh try the firstload servers or emule nr 1 for now and dont forget to turn kad on
    Open your mind

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast