Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Failure of Feminism?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Just how conservatives like their women to act.

edit: i'll get the video link sorted

edit 2: can't get a direct link working, here is the address

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/Han...rine-Booty.wmv

How does this play with your "stereotype" theory kev ?

I wonder what the "family values" brigade made of it
    Theory?

What theory?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

Theory?

What theory?
    the way to get equality/acceptance is to avoid highlighting the differences.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13

Theory?

What theory?
    the way to get equality/acceptance is to avoid highlighting the differences.
    I don't follow...do you posit that highlighting the differences between the sexes grants her the exception to berate Zed for his "lack of accomplishment", but, if the roles were reversed, this would be forbidden?

If the roles were reversed, I'd think him a cad for behaving so loutishly, but in order to preserve the "differences", we should overlook her making such a comment?

Is this another example of the liberal propensity for "reparations"?

I call "bullshit".
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Nothing to do with her talking and everything to do with her thrusting her breast out and pouting like a bimbo (or whore as the old fashion "mens club" calls them)

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Nothing to do with her talking and everything to do with her thrusting her breast out and pouting like a bimbo (or whore as the old fashion "mens club" calls them)
    This is a theory?

Of mine?

WTF are you on about?

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    I has been my experience that perhaps....oh, say, less than 10% of the gays I've known are of the "flaming" variety, evincing all of the flamboyance and behaviors heretofore regarded as stereotypical.

Now, if such characteristics are not the norm among gays, why is it that either these characteristics or the sexual behaviors inherent in the lifestyle constitute the bulk of the lobby's presentation?

It's the same phenomenon that allows us to be aware the Log Cabin Republicans exist, but also ensures the spotlight never illuminates them.

The lobby chooses the most narrow and stereotypical image, and dares middle America to deny them, to the overall detriment of their cause.
    Harris wants to be taken seriously..agree?
    Now I admit that she would deny being a feminist as the right wing like to portray them but the fact that she runs for office makes her a believer in equality by default.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I dunno vid, the look on Katherine Harris' face, the way she was talking, and the turning of those big bressessus ready to burst out that tired grey suit with every delicious syllable tells me that she wanted to fuck.

I could be wrong.

Oh and about feminism...

I know when I get home from work my bitch better have a warm plate of food on the table and afterwards have her legs open ready to receive me.

I'm so understanding.
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-08-2006 at 03:22 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Oh and about feminism...

I know when I get home from work my bitch better have a warm plate of food on the table and afterwards have her legs open ready to receive me.

I'm so understanding.
    So you're down to 30lbs and masturbate a lot then.......

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Oh and about feminism...

I'm so understanding.
    So you're down to 30lbs and masturbate a lot then.......
    Good one!!!
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    I has been my experience that perhaps....oh, say, less than 10% of the gays I've known are of the "flaming" variety, evincing all of the flamboyance and behaviors heretofore regarded as stereotypical.

Now, if such characteristics are not the norm among gays, why is it that either these characteristics or the sexual behaviors inherent in the lifestyle constitute the bulk of the lobby's presentation?

It's the same phenomenon that allows us to be aware the Log Cabin Republicans exist, but also ensures the spotlight never illuminates them.

The lobby chooses the most narrow and stereotypical image, and dares middle America to deny them, to the overall detriment of their cause.
    Harris wants to be taken seriously..agree?
    Now I admit that she would deny being a feminist as the right wing like to portray them but the fact that she runs for office makes her a believer in equality by default.
    I'm sure the gay and feminist lobbies would appreciate the comparison, but it's a bit of a stretch here.

Katherine Harris probably assumes she can do the job, that is why she aspires to reach higher, but whether she does so out of an allegiance to other women is a matter of fit and form, don't you think?

By your reasoning, Kay Bailey Hutchison, Elizabeth Dole, Condoleezza Rice, hell, even Margaret Thatcher are feminists.

By my reasoning, such women achieve high station by eschewing the requisite feminist idea, rhetoric and compulsion to get ahead by continuously (and mainly) stating all men are assholes.

See the difference?

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast