Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In The Interest Of Fairness

Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    thankyou

2. Lounge   -   #12
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor

*image removed due to excessive gheyness

I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    That is just wrong ! Thats not Sara is it ? JK hon .

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DorisInsinuate
    I think the trick is to post a sports related thread without using any sporting terms in the title. Otherwise you'll make the mods look stupid if they don't move it.
    That's pretty much the truth. Let's face it, the one or two whiners wouldn't even know a thread was sports related unless it was in the title and that is because they don't even read the Lounge. They are just looking to be petty, a misplaced thread (in their eyes) is like a nerd to anime. "But miss, they're doing it wrong".

We could have our own off-topic forum in Sportsworld if we just named the titles like "Newcastle v Sunderland" or "Six Nations Predictions". Again, because none of the whiners actually read any of these threads.

Strange, the thing I do most of the time when a topic doesn't interest me is ignore it. The few times I do complain I know I'm being a cunt. I wonder if they do?

5. Lounge   -   #15
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I've worked it out, seriously, it's feckin' jealousy.

Those obscure repeated threads on UK sports statistics exclude most uninitiated. We don't see threads about the other subjects you mentioned above so obscure as to exclude people not closely involved with the subject. Your targeted threads are specific and specialized enough to not belong in the lounge.
    He seems to miss the point that I put them in the Lounge - SO THEY CAN BE REPLIED TO IN A JOKEY WAY AND SPAMMED.

The mods ask us not to spam places like Sportsworld.

I'M THE GUY FOLLOWING THE RULES HERE FOR FUCKS SAKE, SO WHY IS IT ME GETTING THE WARNING.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Maybe the other sections are feeling lonely

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    because they don't even read the Lounge.
    That's not entirely true, I read alot of the lounge topics. There is alot of inside jokes that I don't understand and I assume it's either that I've missed the joke somewhere, or the huge cultural gap in our ideas of humor. So rather than be the brunt of a joke, I just try to avoid posting. I know some others feel the same.

That being said, I must admit that sport threads don't often interest me, so I do tend to skip over those ones.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnatory
    because they don't even read the Lounge.
    That's not entirely true, I read alot of the lounge topics. There is alot of inside jokes that I don't understand and I assume it's either that I've missed the joke somewhere, or the huge cultural gap in our ideas of humor. So rather than be the brunt of a joke, I just try to avoid posting. I know some others feel the same.

That being said, I must admit that sport threads don't often interest me, so I do tend to skip over those ones.
    Exactly.

A word of sense from someone not interested in jokey sports threads "I don't read them".

FFS it's a pity some arses can't think the same way, rather than trying to spoil things for other people.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul

Those obscure repeated threads on UK sports statistics exclude most uninitiated. We don't see threads about the other subjects you mentioned above so obscure as to exclude people not closely involved with the subject. Your targeted threads are specific and specialized enough to not belong in the lounge.
    He seems to miss the point that I put them in the Lounge - SO THEY CAN BE REPLIED TO IN A JOKEY WAY AND SPAMMED.

I'M THE GUY FOLLOWING THE RULES HERE FOR FUCKS SAKE, SO WHY IS IT ME GETTING THE WARNING.
    It's a strange reasoning to be sure. That means we can talk about the film King Kong as everyone knows what we're going on about but if someone starts an Eastenders thread that would have to be moved.

You can talk about any chart music you may like but if you start talking about lesser known independent artists then it has to be moved to Musicworld.

Don't worry, JP, we will probably be allowed a World Cup thread in here as everyone will be aware of what is going on. Just don't start a thread about any domestic cup competitions.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul

It's a strange reasoning to be sure. That means we can talk about the film King Kong as everyone knows what we're going on about but if someone starts an Eastenders thread that would have to be moved.

You can talk about any chart music you may like but if you start talking about lesser known independent artists then it has to be moved to Musicworld.

Don't worry, JP, we will probably be allowed a World Cup thread in here as everyone will be aware of what is going on. Just don't start a thread about any domestic cup competitions.

Oh no, no, no, he just didn't understand what he read, or decided to twist it.

I was told, no sports threads and quoted as such. He made the obscurity bit up himself, presumably for some specious justification.

The quote was really to illustrate the motivation. "I don't know enough to join in, so I want to fuck it up for others". Pathetic.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast