Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Anger Management

SHIFTY's Avatar Poster
    well if prices were around $10 AUS ($5US) for music cd's id immediately stop pirating them. and if games were around $30 AUS ($15US) id do the same with games, and software, they could never stop me, its pathetic, VB studio 6.0 enterprise $3000 AUS ($1500 US) its unnacceptable, so i wouldnt have a clue what price it would have to go down to for me to actually purchase it, i think all software should be opensource and free at the moment. human knowledge belongs to the world, not Microsoft.

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    imported_stg1123
    I am still confused. Whether it is a fake or not I am not sure, I think that the letter was really sent as a complaint to my isp from a media piracy company, of that I am sure. What I am confused about right now is whether she had really downloaded a real version of anger management or not. Having tried myself to download it now that i have dsl back I can see that it isn't such an easy film to get and she probably downloaded Mr. Deeds which has been successfully renamed as Anger Management, so in fact its not as simple as I thought, anyway has anyone actually called the company up and done a little detective work? I might have to do it myself, someone else do it as well.

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    Originally posted by stg1123@27 April 2003 - 02:00
    OK Mr. Jibbler,
    You say it's a hoax? call them up on Monday morning here is the number,
    i just did and got the voice mail saying that they are the leading anti internet piracy company,intelligent comments are accepted here but not nonsense and this letter is definitely not a hoax. why is it so hard for you to imagine a company scouring kazaa on behalf of a major film company?
    for columbia its not such a big investment compared to how much they invested in the film and i guarantee you that many people have stopped sharing it because they got this letter. Anyone who thinks this letter is fake is living in a dream world. Come back to reality guys, as much as it is fun and easier than going to the movies it is still illegal from where the film companies are standing. Doesnt stop me from doing it though, I suppose thats the advantage of living in this Brave New World
    B) B) B)
    well in Denmark we have a company, a Anti Piracy thing, they have 5 people working full time just searching kazaa and finding Danish users, and when they do, they send out bills. I hear they charge 5 $ per mp3, and 50 $ per movie they find. Thats why i use the privacy option, so they cant se my shared folder !

4. File Sharing   -   #44
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by stg1123@26 April 2003 - 21:00
    OK Mr. Jibbler,
    You say it's a hoax? call them up on Monday morning here is the number,
    i just did and got the voice mail saying that they are the leading anti internet piracy company,intelligent comments are accepted here but not nonsense and this letter is definitely not a hoax. why is it so hard for you to imagine a company scouring kazaa on behalf of a major film company?
    for columbia its not such a big investment compared to how much they invested in the film and i guarantee you that many people have stopped sharing it because they got this letter. Anyone who thinks this letter is fake is living in a dream world.
    Uh yeah. Want my home phone number? I've got a great voicemail message on there. The company whom you describe as being "the leading anti-internet piracy company", doesn't even have a public website or web reference anywhere to prove their legitimacy.

The details in the letter aren't accurate. This is fact. The movie is a Sony Pictures production, not a Columbia Pictures production as the letter stated. I questioned this weeks ago, but you have no explanation for this HUGE error. Why can't you explain it? You are full of shit. You need to prove that its real, not the other way around.

Last but not least, this "company" that you quote in the letter, is also fake. I called the number, and it rings to Media Century not Media Force as the letter describes. This is the same hoax/urban legend that has been circulating around the internet for years.

You should be banned from this forum and treated like the lying bastard that you are.

Either way, your posts are mainly in the Lounge, and you lack the credibility that our senior members have. When you start contributing to this forum on a regular basis, then maybe I'll consider your opinion to be worth more than the soapbox you're standing on. Your posts here are not constructive or helpful.

Edit: removed some flaming, left the rest for entertainment
    Proud member of MDS

5. File Sharing   -   #45
    Poster
    Originally posted by clocker+27 April 2003 - 17:47--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 27 April 2003 - 17:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--SHIFTY@27 April 2003 - 07:19

i agree, i&#39;d just block it out, keep downloading, dont let this crap stop you, fight back, we want prices on products to go down, its unfair, a game for &#036;100 AUS (&#036;54 US) its ridiculous, cds are ridiculous also, so dont worry about it,
    Okay Shifty, I have a question for you ( or anyone else who cares to respond )...

If your main complaint is that prices are too high, at what price level would you BUY these products and stop dl&#39;ing them for FREE on a p2p network? [/b][/quote]
    I only download games to try them out. like a massive demo&#33; if i don&#39;t like the game i delete it. if i like it i buy it. (a new game costs ~50 US&#036; here) i buy it because i like to own the bloody box and the usually useless manual. i don&#39;t know why but i really care about having them&#33;&#33;

besides. if it&#39;s a great game, i want the creators to get money.
    music CD:s however, i cannot afford. i&#39;d have to stop buying games first, and NO WAY&#33;&#33;
    the price for music is ridiculous. agreed, &#036;50 for a game is too much too, but i can live with it. (i&#39;d rather pay like &#036;30 ofcourse)

DVD:s are too expensive aswell. i still buy about 4 a month anyway, but i also download around 40 a month... if they would be cheaper, i could buy maybe 10 instead. i would most definatley still download ~40 rips anyway&#33; (no i don&#39;t mean 40 movies. that includes DVD-rips of TV-shows as well. i also download about oh, say 20 TV-rips a month. and hey&#33;&#33; i can get TV for free&#33; yes, really. )

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345