Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Job interview

DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic
    Quote Originally Posted by Carcinus
    I think I suck.
    Had my second interview and the smug cow that interviewed me spent the entire time gruelling me about why I didn't already have a job with the qualifications I have, like I had some fundimental personality disorder or something. I tried to explain that I hate office work and would prefer to be on my feet doing something I'm more than qualified to do, rather than sit behind a desk all day. I don't think she got it. I find out at the end of the week apparently.

Fuck. I can't even get a job in a Bingo hall.

This type of post really entertains me.
    It's hot in Topeka.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic
    Quote Originally Posted by DorisInsinuate
    I think I suck.
    Had my second interview and the smug cow that interviewed me spent the entire time gruelling me about why I didn't already have a job with the qualifications I have, like I had some fundimental personality disorder or something. I tried to explain that I hate office work and would prefer to be on my feet doing something I'm more than qualified to do, rather than sit behind a desk all day. I don't think she got it. I find out at the end of the week apparently.

This type of post really entertains me.
    OMG, Board AiDs!!!11one!1
    It's hot in Topeka.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Carcinus's Avatar Procrastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    tis ok, this time 2years ago() I couldn't get a job selling pencils in a college shop
    I wouldn't care but I hate seeming like I'm back where I was when I first graduated. Never mind... Temporary measures. If I miraculously get a job Bingo calling, I'll be the most educated Bingo caller in the history of time.

My sodding flatmate played me a song by The Fall, just before my interview, about a Bingo caller who cracked up.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Errrr. what's going on with the post order?

Board Aids indeed...

5. Lounge   -   #25
    I think I suck.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    tis ok, this time 2years ago() I couldn't get a job selling pencils in a college shop

7. Lounge   -   #27
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I think I suck.

You should have informed her you are dealing as best you can with your disorder, and that your shrink told you of the therapeutic value inherent in bingo-calling.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    I think I suck.

You should have informed her you are dealing as best you can with your disorder, and that your shrink told you of the therapeutic value inherent in bingo-calling.

Yeh. "They told me it'd be good to read the numbers...I need the numbers...let me have the numbers..." Whilst rocking and twitching.

Inadvertantly calling her "Nurse Ratchett" might have prejudiced her against me too.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

Yeh. "They told me it'd be good to read the numbers...I need the numbers...let me have the numbers..." Whilst rocking and twitching.

Inadvertantly calling her "Nurse Ratchett" might have prejudiced her against me too.
    You might ascertain this last concretely by employing a stealthy and oblique question-to wit, Are you familiar with Louise Fletcher, at all, at all.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Or just muttered "medication time!" whilst rummaging around in my handbag for some aspirin.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast