Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good news, finally

maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Carcinus

The hostages were part of the Christian Peacemaker Teams, aiming to promote peace in regions of conflict by spreading the word of god. How on earth they expected to not attract trouble by doing this in Iraq is beyond me.
    http://cpt.org/index.html
    so true. that's what I thought when I heard they got captured, I was like "wtf? they know they're gonna die soon.".

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

The hostages were part of the Christian Peacemaker Teams, aiming to promote peace in regions of conflict by spreading the word of god. How on earth they expected to not attract trouble by doing this in Iraq is beyond me. I heard a spokewomen on the radio defending their presence in the area. She said a lot about believing they were doing good and reducing violent conflict, but was unable to quantify this with figures or examples.

Christian Peacemaker are not a relief organisation. As far as I am aware they do not provide aid to the people of Iraq, other than promoting the word of a christian god in a predominately muslim society. Their motto is "Committed to reducing violence by getting in the way".

Norman Kember went to Iraq with CPT to "provide a Christian British solidarity" and to promote peace. I have no argument with promoting peace but I think the actions of this organisation are naive and foolhardy in the extreme. They end up risking the lives of the people who protect/rescue them and do no real good faffing about in a warzone talking about God and getting in the way. They now say that any future military aid in similar situations is unwelcome. Gratitude or what. They'd do better spreading their message from afar and leaving the real, valuable, and responsible aid organisations to it.

Thank you for that clarification, Carcinus.

lynx-

I won't fuck about with your stated preference for exchanging PMs when dealing with such conflicts as you apparently continue to have with me.

Once again, you choose to make distinctly un-mod-like noises when you post in response to my posting.

I am, in general, a huge fan of the moderating team here, and I remain tremendously impressed with your knowledge of computors and willingness to share same.

But as a moderator, you suck.

Somebody quote this before it and everything else I've ever posted here disappears again, please?
    I see.

Seems to me that you are saying that I can't disagree with your erroneous statements because I'm a mod?

Well fuck you, and your repeated insinuations that I removed your posts. Post garbage and I'll expose it.

You repeatedly bring up suggestions that people only object to US actions and ignore attrocities elsewhere, when in fact you have absolutely no evidence to support your garbage. This was supposed to be a thread about good news, but you've tried to turn it into a "they are attacking America" thread.

It's hardly surprising that there's a general undercurrent that America isn't good when you go you of your way to attract that sort of criticism.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx

lynx-

I won't fuck about with your stated preference for exchanging PMs when dealing with such conflicts as you apparently continue to have with me.

Once again, you choose to make distinctly un-mod-like noises when you post in response to my posting.

I am, in general, a huge fan of the moderating team here, and I remain tremendously impressed with your knowledge of computors and willingness to share same.

Somebody quote this before it and everything else I've ever posted here disappears again, please?
    I see.

Seems to me that you are saying that I can't disagree with your erroneous statements because I'm a mod?

Well fuck you, and your repeated insinuations that I removed your posts. Post garbage and I'll expose it.

You repeatedly bring up suggestions that people only object to US actions and ignore attrocities elsewhere, when in fact you have absolutely no evidence to support your garbage. This was supposed to be a thread about good news, but you've tried to turn it into a "they are attacking America" thread.

It's hardly surprising that there's a general undercurrent that America isn't good when you go you of your way to attract that sort of criticism.

I must say that you seem to believe my posting to be so disagreeable you would foreclose my prerogative to disagree in favor of your own, lynx.

As to the missing postage, mystery left the room long ago, and, since I stated my beliefs even more clearly a while back without prompting the least comment or action from you (PM or otherwise), I can only assume you were acknowledging your guilt and/or hoping no one else was reading the thread.

Don't couch your sentiments as part of the "large and overwhelming" hatred of the U.S., either; the tone you evince is your own, and has only to do with me.

This is not a secret.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    lynx's Avatar .
    I see.

I must say that you seem to believe my posting to be so disagreeable you would foreclose my prerogative to disagree in favor of your own, lynx.

As to the missing postage, mystery left the room long ago, and, since I stated my beliefs even more clearly a while back without prompting the least comment or action from you (PM or otherwise), I can only assume you were acknowledging your guilt and/or hoping no one else was reading the thread.
    Since you want to make this public, I'll do the same. If you made those comments in the real world you'd have been in court long ago. The only reason I've kept quiet was for peace on the board, but I'm not willing to put up with your shit any longer.

Don't couch your sentiments as part of the "large and overwhelming" hatred of the U.S., either; the tone you evince is your own, and has only to do with me.

This is not a secret.
    Where did you get "large and overwhelming", I simply mentioned an undercurrent. You don't like the fact that I've worked out how to counter your fallacious arguments, so you try to pretend it is personal. I'm not buying.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened

Since you want to make this public, I'll do the same. If you made those comments in the real world you'd have been in court long ago. The only reason I've kept quiet was for peace on the board, but I'm not willing to put up with your shit any longer.

This is not a secret.
    Where did you get "large and overwhelming", I simply mentioned an undercurrent. You don't like the fact that I've worked out how to counter your fallacious arguments, so you try to pretend it is personal. I'm not buying.
    Neither am I selling.

You have an animus-that is plain, and that it is directed at me is plain also.

I'm done with this.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Carcinus's Avatar Procrastinator

lynx-

I see.

I didn't get that impression from his post, and you as a mod should know better than to take out your personal grievences with this member in a drawing room thread. For one it's not good manners, and for another it's off topic.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    lynx's Avatar .
    I see.

I didn't get that impression from his post, and you as a mod should know better than to take out your personal grievences with this member in a drawing room thread. For one it's not good manners, and for another it's off topic.
    Go back and read this and several other threads again, you'll find the first off-topic attacks and insinuations that I've removed his posts have come from J2K4.

I haven't raised the issue before for the sake of peace on the board, but there comes a time when enough is enough. It seems that by not objecting to his unfounded remarks in the past that I've somehow accepted liability for the mass deletion of his posts, even though that's not and never has been within the capabilities of a mod.

Finally, I initially raised my objections in a PM, but that wasn't enough for J2K4 and he prefered to air this in public. Are you suggesting that once again I should just keep quiet and allow him to continue to bad-mouth me? I think not.

Edit: I offer the above simply as the chain of events as I see them, not as a comment on J2K4. It is my understanding that he has discussed the deletion of posts issue with another mod who has explained the position. I consider the matter closed, whether J2K4 agrees is up to him.
    Last edited by lynx; 03-26-2006 at 09:00 PM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Goodness.

j2 made comment, lynx made a very incorrect response (pwnage by Carcinus), j2 brings out some inappropriate dirty laundry and unproven allegations...can we move on?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    I haven't read or seen much on the news about this, other than them being rescued.(not been able to watch much tv the last couple days) I have read a lot of criticism about ingratitude for their rescuers. Like this

Still It is very good news and the only important thing is they are safe and well.
    sucks baws

the soldier doesn't even have shit to do with americas foriegn policy

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach

The hostages were part of the Christian Peacemaker Teams, aiming to promote peace in regions of conflict by spreading the word of god. How on earth they expected to not attract trouble by doing this in Iraq is beyond me.
    so true. that's what I thought when I heard they got captured, I was like "wtf? they know they're gonna die soon.".
    Weird an sort of off the subject but the last episode of The Unit had "President Palmer" having to rescue some folks like this.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12