Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Awesome Arsenal!

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Why comment on the rules of a game when you're totally ignorant of them. Isn't it easier to ask the question rather than to be continually contradicted.

Why be a dick about it? Dude I wasn't talking about the tackler. I was talking the teammates of the tackler. They don't seem to go after the ball very hard. How was I contradicted when I didn't claim to know all the rules? It seems "It seems" was a clue

The tackler must not restrain the tackled player after the tackle, therefore he is not allowed to stop the tackled player's team mates getting the ball - the only way he can do this is turn the tackled guy during the tackle to be facing his own, onrushing, team-mates such that they can procure the ball.

Makes sense. However, it looks like the tackler is restraining the tackled player until the ball is picked up.

This is different to 13-a-side rugby but allows second phase ball and makes the overall game more continuous.

There is a tremendous amount of finesse involved in rugby but this won't be visible if you've only watched a few games.

The reason you got to see Sevens is because the tour was in LA for a couple of days in February. I don't watch a lot of it, it's good but reminds me of a watching a film after you've read the book
    Yeah I agree it is late but I watch basketball games the next day after they've been played (as long as I don't know the outcome).

I've watched tons of rugby union matches and from my standpoint, it's mostly anarchy. I get the gist and strategy of the game with the lateral, faking a pass to throw an opponent off, breaking through a seam, and touching goal under the posts but it is mostly anarchy to me in comparison to other sports I watch but I find it very entertaining....more than soccer and baseball, for sure. I'd love to play it one day 'cause I like all sports.

2. Sports Club   -   #52
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    To be pronounced Dee fence.
    I can do that.

Are they less-than-stellar offensively, or is this chant merely owed to it's being the more frequent (and necessary) imperative?

In that we might remedy any offensive lack, mayhaps we could interest you in a share of T.O.?
    Just starting you from the begining.

A good team is based round a solid dee fence. Then once that's in place we can go for.

Owe fence, owe fence, owe fence.

3. Sports Club   -   #53
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

I can do that.

Are they less-than-stellar offensively, or is this chant merely owed to it's being the more frequent (and necessary) imperative?

In that we might remedy any offensive lack, mayhaps we could interest you in a share of T.O.?
    Just starting you from the begining.

A good team is based round a solid dee fence. Then once that's in place we can go for.

Owe fence, owe fence, owe fence.

Got it.

Anyway, I think T.O. would be worth 3 goals a game.

You'd really be doing us a favor.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456