Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dear Muppets And Retards

Fasttracker A
    Easy cowboys nobody should be angry
    the guy is talking about muppets and he is right if you can see your
    uploads going at speeds of anything under 1.5 stop sharing or jack up the bandwidth for uploads
    If this dosent include you because your upload speeds are higher than that coo ,dont get piss off by it.Its a very good point

DOWN WITH MUPPETS, DOWN WITH MUPPETS, DOWN WITH MUPPETS,

Yeah they cutt snoop from the muppet christmas show and that makes me even more piised off,and I dont even like snoop that much.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster
    Yeah, stand up for the muppets.

What about us retards.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    U can't say it is the slots all the time. Location is a key here. I can never max out my connection on kazaa, nor do i have the control to do it the way i want, as i do in emule. But i have uploaded to people and they get only 0.05 kb/s while my upload is a T1. I ask myself, why the hell do they do a slot based system, it just wastes my capabilities. These people stay on, while the fast ones go through, till eventually another slow one comes in. Eventually the slow one take all my slots, and i am no longer sharing files at the rate i was before. Now you tell me that these people are 56kers, but that is not always the case, most of these people have cable or dsl, and get this speed, then blame me for having a slow connection, when in fact it is neither our fault. So its not number of slots, there are a number of factors involved which give you slow dl speed. I agree some people are stupid, but if you are stupid enough to dl games from kazaa then you deserve it. You complain about corruption, but thats because you don't use alternatives.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    I usually see my uploads going pretty slow, I do not really pay much attention to the settings other than to three connections, my isp bitches about uplaod amounts. (cable) But usually 1 of the 3 is going at 20 kb/s or higher and the rest at 1 or 2. I just always assumed the slow were peeps with bad connections, should be doing something to help my fellow sharers out.

It is funny how a thread started with such anger can end up helpful
    Peace

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    at the mo i have a 600K up strream and 128k down-.but at speeds of 80Kbps i'm in and out in minutes which probably pissing less people off(people with T1/BB/ect)but with speeds like 0.2k come on what's the point! i migt as well buy a ferrari and drive it : 20mph.

===== Price's in my area
    Phoneline
    56k - £14.99(BT)
    NTL: CABLE
    128Kb - £14.99 (2x faster than dial-up)
    600Kb - £24.99 (10x faster than dial-up)
    1Mb - £34.99 (20x faster than dial-up)

Http://www.ntlhome.com/

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    sjohnston's Avatar Poster
    Its a fair point, 56K users should limit their upload to one user, there's nothing worse that sitting there waiting for a download at 0.02kbs.

I use DSL and I limit my upload to 4 users, they usually each enjoy an upload of 30+kbs. Surely a more sensible way to share.

At this moment in time, I have two users one is 44kbs they other 33kbs, and I bet they are sat there all nice and happy.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Poster
    If you're not actually messaging the people with incredibly slow uploads and telling them it SLOWS THEIR DOWNLOADS TOO -- nothing will change.

All the complaining in the world here won't help much.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Depending on how their connection is set up, that may not be true.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@28 April 2003 - 17:32
    Depending on how their connection is set up, that may not be true.
    True, but does it hurt to ask?

I mean -- what good is uploading at sub 0.1 KB/sec speeds?

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Telling someone that them having slow uploads is slowing down their downloads is probably not true. I know it's not true for me, although I have no idea how many people are on 56k and downloading off me. Often I'll have people with speeds between 0.5 and 1.75kb/sec.

Uploading at 0.1kb/sec is still uploading. When you're hunting for files as rare as I am currently, anything is better than nothing. Right now I've got 2.5kb/sec for a 700 meg file.

I'm sometimes reminded of Homer Simpson reading the speed complaints here: "Thirty seconds!?! But I want it nooooow!"

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast