Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dear Muppets And Retards

Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@1 May 2003 - 00:27
    Uploading at 0.1kb/sec is still uploading.
    Uploading at that speed causes lots of currupted files.
    Proud member of MDS

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Quot : And incase you are wondering, i have 600k ntl broadband (england). They restrict my uploading to 128k, which equates to about 15KB/s. (read above)

Thats a load of bollox for a start I have the same NTL conection in Wales and I`m not restricted to 128k I down load at 60 to 80 kbs. Who restrics you NTL??? why would they want to do that you are paying for 600k service you should get it, Complain to them if your only getting 15kbs down loads then you truly have a 128k connection.

But your are correct if we all open the BW then we can all get what we want faster. But thats not gona happen so deal with it. Sorry M8 but its a crule world out there and thats a fact.

Unafriadcheese

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by Unafraid Cheese@1 May 2003 - 10:11
    Quot : And incase you are wondering, i have 600k ntl broadband (england). They restrict my uploading to 128k, which equates to about 15KB/s. (read above)

Thats a load of bollox for a start I have the same NTL conection in Wales and I`m not restricted to 128k I down load at 60 to 80 kbs. Who restrics you NTL??? why would they want to do that you are paying for 600k service you should get it, Complain to them if your only getting 15kbs down loads then you truly have a 128k connection.

But your are correct if we all open the BW then we can all get what we want faster. But thats not gona happen so deal with it. Sorry M8 but its a crule world out there and thats a fact.

Unafriadcheese
    I think you'll find it was 128k upload the chap was saying.

The NTL 600 service gives 600k down and 128k up.

Roughly 70 and 15 respectively

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    sorry you are correct my fault ( slaps self)

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by Jibbler+1 May 2003 - 07:07--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jibbler @ 1 May 2003 - 07:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--MagicNakor@1 May 2003 - 00:27
    Uploading at that speed causes lots of currupted files. [/b][/quote]
    Not if your client has error correction. In the case of Kazaa, I&#39;ve uploaded files at that speed, and I haven&#39;t once recieved a corrupt file. I guess I&#39;m either lucky, or doing something right.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    phatty
    [B] Simple problem, simple solution. If you&#39;re a 56k user, be helpful, and set your uploads to one user. If we help each other out, and give a little bit of info from time to time, we will all get what we want faster. Thanks for the info Charlie&#33; To those of you who can&#39;t understand this, maybe you should take your a&#036;&#036; to Music Land and pay &#036;20.00 for your cd.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Poster
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@30 April 2003 - 23:27
    Telling someone that them having slow uploads is slowing down their downloads is probably not true. I know it&#39;s not true for me, although I have no idea how many people are on 56k and downloading off me. Often I&#39;ll have people with speeds between 0.5 and 1.75kb/sec.

Uploading at 0.1kb/sec is still uploading. When you&#39;re hunting for files as rare as I am currently, anything is better than nothing. Right now I&#39;ve got 2.5kb/sec for a 700 meg file.
    If you&#39;re on a fast connection and you&#39;re downloading from someone and only getting 0.1 KB/sec speeds from them, chances are they could be downloading faster if they had fewer uploads going.

About the only reason why this WON&#39;T speed them up is if they&#39;re being jerks and have uploads set to >10 and upload bandwidth set to only 3 KB/sec TOTAL between those 10+ uploads.

The fewer uploads you have -- down to just enough to keep your SPARE upload bandwidth saturated -- the faster you will be uploading files.

If you can upload to 10 people at 0.1 KB/sec each, then you could probably upload to 2 people at 0.8 KB/sec each or 1 person at nearly 2 KB/sec. This is not to say 1 upload max is best (except perhaps for 56k users...), but just a limitation of internet+network connections.

For those with 128k upload caps and trying to &#39;give all they can&#39;, this means they have about 13-15KB/sec upload speed to devote to Kazaa Lite++ if nothing else is going on. With just 1 upload allowed, they&#39;d be wasting >80% of their bandwidth alot of the time due to slow downloaders. But beyond about 5 uploads at a time, they&#39;re wasting more and more bandwidth trying to keep extra connections going. In short, they get fewer bytes+files out.

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    If their bandwidth for both up and downloading is shared. Most broadband isn&#39;t. 56k is.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by MagicNakor+1 May 2003 - 06:25--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MagicNakor @ 1 May 2003 - 06:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Jibbler@1 May 2003 - 07:07
    <!--QuoteBegin--MagicNakor
    @1 May 2003 - 00:27

Uploading at that speed causes lots of currupted files.
    Not if your client has error correction. In the case of Kazaa, I&#39;ve uploaded files at that speed, and I haven&#39;t once recieved a corrupt file. I guess I&#39;m either lucky, or doing something right.
    [/b][/quote]
    The error correction in Kazaa is known to be poor in comparison to Emule and some others out there. Keep in mind that on 56k, you have very little upload bandwidth, so uploading at .1kb/sec doesn&#39;t leave much room for overhead bandwidth, such as requests for files, etc.
    Proud member of MDS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123