Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A Watercooling Test

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Well, at last the new loop is in place.
    I spent a goodly amount of time trying to incorporate the large finned reservoir but alas, 'twas not to be. It could have been done but just wasn't worth the effort as the currently installed Swiftech mini-rez fits so well.
    It will join the pile of parts (starting to grow again after my last big sell-off) that may/may not ever get used.

The much anticipated Jing-Ting Chipforce heatpipe cooler seems to be somewhat of a bust*. NB temps have risen from @27c to 40c but I had to move the vid card back down to PCIe slot#1 and that meant the NB waterblock had to go anyway, so it fits the bill, if only temporarily. The search for a good NB solution that fits under the vid card will continue.
    CPU/GPU temps remain identical to the old loop- 22c/31c...not too shabby.

The new MCP355 pump with the Radiical top is performing superbly- flow is noticably higher than the old loop and there is no more annoying whine.

Now we're almost ready for this week's real upgrade.

*Well, silly me. I just couldn't believe that this cooler was as crappy as it first seemed and I was right. My NB fan header is apparently dead so the fan was not working. Moving to a different outlet has changed the temps dramatically. NB now running in the low 30's.
    Much better.
    Last edited by clocker; 05-02-2006 at 11:09 AM.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234