View Poll Results: Do you use newsgroups?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

61 85.92%
  • No

10 14.08%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you use Newsgroups?

speeds arent good with my isp.. but i like newsgroups

2. Newsgroups   -   #22
    Zequabie's Avatar n00b
    I use newsgroups for these reasons 1, Maxing out 2, vintage films and other files you wont find on p2p, DC, IRC, torrent-sites etc 3, it's safer.

BTW, My ISP does not have a.b.boneless (it's the only one I'm missing) and I know there be a lot of releases there. Is there a free-server with that group?

3. Newsgroups   -   #23
    jetje's Avatar former star
    i still think that for music soulseek or bittorrent (i.e. OINK.ME.UK) is nicer.
    I have to say that you need to get used to the information overflow that usenet generates! Just for that matter are most bittorrent communities more relaxed. Usenet is imo very 'unpersonal'....

One of the most important things is that at least here in the Netherlands the dl of music, movies and games i's NOT illegal. Uploading and distributing it, is!
    (strange thing is that dl © software is illegal.... ).

So if you wanna keep your dl as legal as possible, usenet is the place to be.

4. Newsgroups   -   #24
    I think it's safer than P2P. Getting less press. Let's keep it that way. Stay off the RIAA/MPAA's radar!
    Plus, you know when the stuff is going to be downloaded. Much less frustrating.
    Last edited by foobar2000; 06-03-2006 at 01:52 PM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #25
    I love Usenet. I would much rather download from a newsgroup than with BitTorrent. Its just 1 connection... rather than hundreds. The speed is incredible with my free ISP server. I can download all the xbox games i want at superduper light speed!

One note for people new to newsgroups and Usenet... be careful which articles you download. there are a TON of viruses, trojans, etc. on Usenet. Do not download anything unless you know exactly what it is or you have trust in the server you are downloading from.

6. Newsgroups   -   #26
    I tried using Usenet over my ISP but speeds sucked.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123