Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Coolest Hip Hop And Rap Songs Ever

Originally posted by Celerystalksme@1 June 2003 - 15:35
    Soopman has gotta very valid point there...Thats why i like grandmaster flash...a good original hip hopster (i might be wrong but being in australia...you have to rely on other people's word to get news about old-school hip hop...)
    Grandmaster Flash is a Deejay so he also uses other peoples beats/tunes. I've never heard him Rap but by his own admission it'd be "bad". Not in a good way either!! There's nothing wrong with using other peoples beats, although a lot of artists seem to bring nothing new to the tune which is a shame. Murder Inc are a prime example of this trend. Nahan was just trying to appear clever again and failing miserably!!

Another for the list:

Prince Paul - Politics Of The Business LP

Signature removed

2. Music   -   #62
    only god can judge me, , amabitionz Az A Ridah

3. Music   -   #63
    Television, the drug of the nation - The disposable heroes of hiphoprisy

4. Music   -   #64
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Thank gawd i don't care about looking like an ass...and it's always better when your not the only one

5. Music   -   #65
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Plus i knew he was a deejay...i just didnt know whether he did rap or not...he came out to australia a few months back except im stuck up here 14 hours away from where he was performing...And gawd i been posting to much 2nite...Thanks for the round up to soopman...

6. Music   -   #66
    Originally posted by Celerystalksme@1 June 2003 - 19:13
    Plus i knew he was a deejay...i just didnt know whether he did rap or not...he came out to australia a few months back except im stuck up here 14 hours away from where he was performing...And gawd i been posting to much 2nite...Thanks for the round up to soopman...
    If you like Grandmaster Flash check this LP out:

The Official Adventures Of Grandmaster Flash.

"The first official old skool block party mix CD/LP by the Original Turntable Scientist."

It's a great album mixing rare interview excerpts, old skool mixes and classic tracks. Well worth seeking out. The booklet you get with it is very informative about late 70's/early 80's Hip-Hop. Hope you can get it, I'd put it on Kazaa but haven't got the right lead to hook up my record deck to the PC.

soopaman out.
    Signature removed

7. Music   -   #67
    Thanx Heaps...I'll try and find it in a record store...but i'll be satisfied at the moment with getting it on kazaa or any others...Thanks Again...

8. Music   -   #68
    Fasttracker A
    Originally posted by soopaman+1 June 2003 - 18:58--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (soopaman @ 1 June 2003 - 18:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Celerystalksme@1 June 2003 - 15:35
    Soopman has gotta very valid point there...Thats why i like grandmaster flash...a good original hip hopster (i might be wrong but being in australia...you have to rely on other people&#39;s word to get news about old-school hip hop...)
    Grandmaster Flash is a Deejay so he also uses other peoples beats/tunes. I&#39;ve never heard him Rap but by his own admission it&#39;d be "bad". Not in a good way either&#33;&#33; There&#39;s nothing wrong with using other peoples beats, although a lot of artists seem to bring nothing new to the tune which is a shame. Murder Inc are a prime example of this trend. Nahan was just trying to appear clever again and failing miserably&#33;&#33;

Another for the list:

Prince Paul - Politics Of The Business LP

[/b][/quote]
    How do you figure ? trying to be clever.

Thoses songs are good,what the hell have you posted
    in the last couple of pages.

Real commercialization of urban music hasnt taken place up until the last 6 years or so.
    Mass production and explotation.
    Its popularity is at it peak

A record ,man put up or shut up.

9. Music   -   #69
    Nahan,

I suppose TAMLA MOTOWN wasn&#39;t "urban" music in your eyes?? Your ridiculous argumentative posts have, once again, shown you up to be ignorant of even the most basic musical knowledge.

Not quite sure what you mean by "A record ,man put up or shut up". I buy vinyl because it sounds better and is worth more in the long term.

Which of the tunes I&#39;ve mentioned are overly commercial??

Signature removed

10. Music   -   #70
    Fasttracker A
    Well for starters you wanna sit back and criticize the music I post ,
    call it mainstream and then put up a few songs and a record.

Theres nothing wrong w/ what you posted or lack of.

I was simply trying to deffend MY opinion, you called it mainstream.
    I disagree.
    Also I made a point about urban music becoming commercialized,
    at the new height of its popularity.

Its funny the way you interpret things.

The topic is simple "Coolest rap and hip hop songs ever",
    if you dont think the songs I mentioned arent cool or great.
    Then to hell w/ you.

Put up "songs" or shut up.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast